About AILET 2020 All India Law Entrance Test
or All India Law Entrance Test is conducted by National Law University Delhi (NLU Delhi) to offer admission to eligible candidates in undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (Ph.D) level law courses. This exam is held for admission to National Law University Delhi and is categorized as an university-level entrance exam. NLU Delhi does not accept any other law entrance exam for admissions.
AILET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
UG Law Courses in India
- Candidates passed in Class 12th or SSC examination or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exams are also eligible.
PG Law Courses in India
- Candidates holding LLB or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks are eligible.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST categories need to secure at least 50% marks in the final year of the LLB degree.
- Candidates appearing for their final year LLB examinations are also eligible.
Ph.D Law Course
- Candidates holding an LLM degree from any recognised university
- They should have secured at least 55% marks in the qualifying degree examination. However, if belonging to SC/ ST categories then the qualifying marks are 50% at least. Or
- If candidates have completed their law degree along with a master’s degree such as MPhil in Social Sciences/ Humanities from any recognised university with minimum 55% marks. Such candidates should ensure that the research work they have conducted is relevant to any discipline of law and with special focus on topics like Public Policy of Law. Or
- Candidates who have completed a degree in law and a PhD in any discipline. Or
- Candidates who have worked as a State High Court Judge in India for at least three years or a Judge at the Supreme Court of India.
AILET 2020 Exam Details [ Important Information ]
- The exam is held once a year
- It a paper-based exam
- Usually held in First week of May
- Application process starts in Jan
- Exam Duration is 90 Minutes
- Colleges affiliated are 8 in number
AILET 2020 : Courses offered for
|Law Courses Offered at NLU Delhi ||Seat Intake|
|BA LLB (Honours) ||70|
|Master of Law (LLM) ||70|
|Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) ||08|
Private Colleges accepting AILET Exam
AILET or All India Law Entrance Test 2020
is a tough exam as more than 15,000 candidates apply for almost 100 seats. CLAT
has more than 60,000 students applying for more than 2000 seats. NLU Delhi is considered among the Top 5 National Law Universities of India.