BITSAT 2019 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared
as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. BITS Pilani is India's highest ranked non - Govt. Institute as per QS BRICS, QS Asia and QS India 2019, is one of the six Institutes of Eminence, as recently announced by MHRD, Govt. of India. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2019 - 20 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test - 2019’, in short as BITSAT - 2019 hereafter in this document.
To get all details about BITSAT 2019
BITSAT 2019 Conducting Body
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
Admission to all the programmes is subject to the conditions given below:
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he / she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he / she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2019 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT - 2019 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects / courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2017 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT - 2019. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT - 2019.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT - 2019. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
BITSAT 2019 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
10:30 pm |
|Application Form Correction||22/03/2019||
10:30 pm |
|Admit Card Release Date||12/04/2019 ||
05:30 am |
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Date||
to 26/05/2019 |
|Declaration of result||04/06/2019||-|
To get all details about BITSAT 2019
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Application Form Fee
If you choose centers within India
Application Fee for male candidates will be Rs.3150/- and for female candidates it will be Rs. 2650/-.
If you choose Dubai as a center
Application Fee for both male and female candidates will be the same and will be US$80 (or Rs.5600/- Indian Rupees).
The application fee is non - refundable and non-transferable.
Application Form Filling Instructions
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT - 2019 by applying in the
prescribed application form online. The password that a candidate enters (8 alphanumeric
characters) during BITSAT registration process will be required for further accesses
including writing the BITSAT. Hence, a candidate should keep it confidential. A candidate
has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the
prescribed fees. Also take the printout of the filled - in form for your future reference.
- While filling the online application form you will be asked for center preferences for writing BITSAT-2019 exam. You can choose the centers from within India or Dubai. If you choose centers within India you will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of the three. If you Choose Dubai as a center you will not be asked for any other center preference and you will be allotted Dubai Center only.
- If you choose centers within India, Application Fee for male candidates will be Rs.3150/- and for female candidates it will be Rs. 2650/-. If you choose Dubai as a center, the Application Fee for both male and female candidates will be the same and will be US$80 (or Rs.5600/- Indian Rupees).
- Before printing out the filled-in application form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number as it will be required for all future correspondences. If you do not have a printer attached to the computer while filling your online application, you can complete the application process and take the printout of the application form later by entering Application number, Password and Email-Id.
- While applying online, do not use the 'Back' button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- After successful completion of the application process, you may check the application fee payment status by Clicking Here http://www.bitsadmission.com/adquery/adquery.asp
- A candidate is allowed to fill and submit only one online application form. Multiple applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
- Before starting your online application keep ready scanned images of Photograph and Signature in the format of jpg / jpeg only. Size of photo image must be between 4 kb to 50 Kb. Size of signature image must be between 1 kb to 30 kb.
- A candidate can apply for BITSAT - 2019 exam online only through the official BITS admission website (www.bitsadmission.com).
- A valid Email - ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for the registration of your online application. The Email - ID and Mobile Number should be kept active till the declaration of admission results. BITS will send important information related to your application for writing the test followed by admission procedure on this registered Email / Mobile number.
- It is advised that the candidates who completed the application form must proceed to the payment immediately. Please check the payment methods given below.
A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT-2019. However, if a candidate completes the application form along with fee but discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him / her, he / she can edit the required fields in the online application during 22nd March - 25th March 2019. No Email queries regarding corrections will be entertained for security and privacy reasons. Candidate has to go online and make changes to his or her application during this period. No further changes can be made to the application.
The application fee is non - refundable and non - transferable. The fee can be paid using any of the following modes:
- Payment using Paytm.com: You can make payment through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI / Paytm Wallet at ZERO Charges. Also, get assured cashback of Rs.50. Use promocode BITSAT.
- Payment using Paytm Payment Gateway: You can make payment through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI / Paytm Wallet & International Cards.
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway: All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa are accepted. More details are available on the payment page.
- Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway: participating banks list will be displayed once you choose to pay through this mode.
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay - in Slip: You can choose to pay through Cash at ICICI Bank branches. You have to just download the specially designed Pay - in - slip from the website on the payments page and walk-into any ICICI bank branch along with cash. The bank shall deposit cash and give you a confirmation receipt for the same.
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||16th May – 18th June 2019|
|Admit list and Wait list announcement||20th June 2019|
BITSAT-2019 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
|Subject||No. of Questions
|Part I: Physics ||40|
|Part II: Chemistry||40|
Part III: English Proficiency
|Part IV: Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm.)||45|
For More Details Syllabus Description Kindly Visit: http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/2019/BITSAT2019brochure.pdf
Syllabus Link: View/Download
- English Proficiency
- Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2019 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change
any of his / her answers among the 150 questions.
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he / she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score.
- The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
- Each candidate who registers for BITSAT - 2019 will be instructed to download a ‘Hall Ticket’.
Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the Test centers. All centers are closely monitored for security reasons and candidates’ identity and activities will be recorded using web cameras and / or closed circuit TV cameras fitted in the test centers. Candidate’s
finger print and photograph will be taken at the time of the test (BITSAT - 2019) and will be matched at the time of admission at particular BITS campus. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.
Each candidate who registers for BITSAT - 2019 will be instructed to download a ‘Hall Ticket’. Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the Test centers. All centers are closely monitored for security reasons and candidates’ identity and activities will be recorded using web cameras and/or closed circuit TV cameras fitted in the test centers. Candidate’s finger print and photograph will be taken at the time of the test (BITSAT - 2019) and will be matched at the time of admission at particular BITS campus. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.
To get all details about BITSAT 2019
BITSAT 2019 Re-evaluation
BITSAT score report:
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms
of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his or her test date. The candidate can also take a printout of his or her score report for any further usage. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
Merit List for Admission:
- As explained earlier, a candidate who appears in BITSAT - 2019 is eligible for admission only
if he / she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already. All candidates
who appear in BITSAT - 2019 and are interested in admission will be required to submit
Admission application form with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes
offered at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses, starting from 16th May 2019 till 18th June
2019. Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced on 20th June 2019. Further details about different iterations will be announced on the admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates (i.e., those who have appeared in BITSAT - 2019 and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 12th
marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in
BITSAT - 2019. There will be two separate merit lists prepared for admission. One for all the
programmes except the B.Pharm. and, the other only for B.Pharm. The cases of bracketing,
if any, will be dealt with as described below:
- When the score of two candidates are the same, first their scores obtained in
Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm.) in BITSAT - 2019 will be considered for separating them. If the tie still exists, then their scores in Physics in BITSAT - 2019 will be considered for
separating them. Further tie is eliminated using their scores in Chemistry. Finally, their PCM / PCB (for B.Pharm.) total marks in 12th examination will be considered for their
To get all details about BITSAT 2019