CLAT PG 2020 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Common Law Admission Test for PG 2020 or CLAT PG 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to LL.M.. CLAT PG 2020 is conducted by Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities.
CLAT PG for the year 2020 has been announced by Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities and will be held on 22/08/2020. The application forms will be available from 01/01/2020 till 10/07/2020. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. The result date will be announced later.
- CNLU (Chanakya National Law University)
- Dharmashastra National Law University
- DSNLU (Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- HNLU (Hidayatullah National Law University)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- MNLU (Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- National Law University, Odisha
- NLIU (National Law Institute University), Bhopal
- NLSIU (National law School of India University, Bengaluru)
- NLUJ (National Law University, Jodhpur)
- RMLNLU (Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University)
- TNNLS (Tamilnadu National Law School, Thiruchirapalli)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata
- RGNUL (Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law)
- NUALS (National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Ernakulam)
- NUSRL (National University of Study and Research in Law)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
To get all details about CLAT PG 2020
CLAT PG 2020 Conducting Body
Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities
CLAT PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2020.
CLAT PG 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
11:55 pm |
|CLAT PG 2020 Exam Date||
To get all details about CLAT PG 2020
CLAT PG 2020 Application Form
Application Form Fee
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application fee for General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates : Rs.4,000 / -
- Application fee for SC / ST / BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500 / -
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500 / - (not included in the CLAT 2020 application fee of Rs.4,000 / - or Rs.3,500 / - as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after you choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non - refundable.
Application Form Filling Instructions
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2020 will open on 1st January 2020 and close on 31st March 2020.
- The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from consortiumofnlus.ac.in website.
- The CLAT 2020 examination will be held in the month of May 2020.
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT 2020 website by using personal mobile number and e - mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets / Identity proof. Any change / alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
- No alteration / editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission / final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
- The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information. In case the information furnished at any stage of the application, examination and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate at the relevant section and the certificates / documents produced at the time of admission, the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified from being considered for further admission to the NLUs by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The candidate shall fill his / her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category.
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
The PG - CLAT 2020 will feature an emphasis on the comprehension abilities of the students. It shall be of 120 minutes duration, with two sections:
|Multiple - Choice Questions||100 questions of one mark each
- The first section would include 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The second section would require candidates to write 2 descriptive essays.
- Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
The paper will be based on areas such as Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Contract Law, Torts, International Law, Intellectual Property, Jurisprudence and important judgments from the recent past.
In this section of the PG - CLAT 2020, you will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate the:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or statute from which it is extracted;
- Summarise the passage; and
- Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2020, you will be required to write essays answering Any 2 questions from amongst the list of questions supplied. Your answers must not exceed 800 words each, and you will be required to demonstrate the following in your response:
- Awareness of the legal, factual, and philosophical issues arising out of the questions you choose to answer;
- Ability to structure your answer, and clearly set out various arguments and perspectives related to the topic set out in the questions and to draw a conclusion based on the above.
- Constitutional Law
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.
CLAT PG 2020 Exam Day Instructions
The Admit Card / Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his / her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
To get all details about CLAT PG 2020