JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam Master of Tourism And Travel Management 2020 or JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to Master of Tourism And Travel Management. JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 is conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia University.
The application forms will be available from 21/02/2020 till 30/06/2020. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. It is being conducted in English and Hindi languages. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Conducting Body
Jamia Millia Islamia University
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent examination
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
11:55 am |
|Application Form Correction||01/07/2020||
11:55 am |
|JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Exam Date||
Offline Dates |
To get all details about JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Prospectus
Examinations Timing : 02:00 pm to 03:30 pm
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Application Form
Application Form Fee
Application Fee Rs.700/-
Fees shall be accepted by JMI through cash, online or Demand Draft.
Application Form Filling Instructions
General Instructions for filling up the Application Form
Students applying for the JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 have to fill up the application form on the official site. A student can submit the application for only once; multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Soft copy of candidate’s coloured passport size photograph (Maximum 100KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format with White Background.
- Soft copy of candidate’s signature (Maximum 100 KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format.
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net B facility, Credit Cards & Debit Cards Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-café.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
Candidates are not allowed to make any corrections at a later stage after submission of an application. O correction is entertained via post, fax, email or by hand.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020
- Step-1: Students have register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Cards/ Debit Cards / Net Banking.
Candidates are advised not to send hardcopy of the application to JMI. However, they are advised to retain hard copy of the application form which they may print after logging into the admission portal.
Other Important Points:
All steps have to be completed before you can submit the form.
- Incomplete forms or more than one application form submitted for the same Program and for any other reason will be rejected.
- No correspondence is allowed on incomplete submission of form.
- No request of remitted fees is entertained
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude (20 questions)
- Simplification: (0-5 Questions) Problems based on BODMAS Rule, Fractions, Percentages,
Approximation, Decimals, Surds & Indices.
- Number System: (0-3 Questions) Problems based on Divisibility & Remainder, Multiples &
Factors, Integers, LCM & HCF.
- Average: (0-2 Questions) Questions on Average Weight/Height/Age/Marks, Average Money
expenditure, Average Temperature etc.
- Percentage: (0-2 Questions) Calculation oriented basic percentage problems
- Ratio and Proportion: (0-2 Questions) Problems based on Simple Ratios, Compound Ratios.
- Interest: (0-2 Questions) Problems based on Simple Interest, Compound Interest as well as
mixture of both SI & CI
- Number Series: (0-5 Questions) Problems based on completing the Series, Finding the Missing
- Term, Finding the Wrong Term. The concepts behind this can be based on simple AP, GP, AGP or
more complex patterns.
- Profit and Loss: (0-2 Questions) Successive Selling, Partnerships, Discount & MP
- Speed, Time and Distance: (0-2 Questions) Relative Speed, Average Speed, Problems based on
Trains, Boat & Stream.
- Algebra: (0-4 Questions) Problems based on Linear equation, Quadratic Equations.
- Mensuration: (0-2 Questions) Problems based on areas of Square, Rectangle, Circle, Semicircle,
Parallelogram, Cone, and Cylinder.
- Time and Work: (0-2 Questions) Problems based on Work Efficiency, Pipe & Cistern, Work and
- Probability: (0-2 Question) Very basic problems on probability.
Data Interpretation (10 questions)
- Data Interpretation: (10 Questions) Problems based on line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts, tables
and other miscellaneous info graphics.
Reasoning: (20 questions)
- Inequalities: (0-5 Questions) Mostly Direct Mathematical Inequalities. There may be 2-3 complex
- expressions like A > B ≥ C = D; E < B ≤ F. There may be 2-4 conclusions which are to be deduced
- from these statements. Coded inequalities problems may also be asked where relation between
- alphabets are coded such as A # B where # is actually code for > sign.
- Ordering and Ranking: (0-5 Questions) Mostly Puzzle on ordering by age, floor, rank, boxes of
different colours one above another, order in row etc.
- Directions & Distances: (0-5 Questions)
- Coding & Decoding: (0-5 Questions) Mostly questions on Coding and Decoding in Fictitious
Language are asked where a few statements are given which are coded in some meaningless language and questions are based on this code.
- Blood Relations: (0-3 Questions) Family Tree and Coded Blood Relation Problems.
- Syllogisms: (0-5 Questions) Problems with 2-3 statements and 2-3 conclusions. Questions are
asked whether the conclusions follow or not.
- Seating Arrangement: (0-7 Questions) Includes Uni-Directional and Bi-Directional problems (i.e.
facing inside, outside or in both directions). Sometimes, tough Square/Rectangular/Hexagonal Table
- Analogy: (0-2 Questions)
- Assertion and reason: (0-2 Questions)
English (30 questions)
- Fill in the Blanks: (0-5 Questions) Single/Double Blank type questions. Vocabulary based
- Reading Comprehension: (7-10 Questions) Likely the RC will consist of one/two passage of 0-10
questions. The topics you should look out for are economy, business, geo-politics, governance,
education, technology, tourism, hospitality, transport, and social issues.
- Para Jumbles: (0-5 Questions) A set of 4 - 6 sentences are to be rearranged to form a meaningful
- Cloze Test: (0-10 Questions) A single passage with 5 or 10 blanks. Passage could be on any topic
ranging from science, banking & economy to social issues. Words are usually easy to moderate and vocabulary based, but there may be one or two tough words.
- Error Spotting: (0 - 5 Questions) Could most probably be grammar based long sentences with
error in one part are asked.
- Word Association Pair: (0-5 Questions) Four words will be given and you need to determine
which two words have either synonymous or antonyms relation between them. Your knowledge of vocabulary is tested.
- Phrase Idiom Meaning: (0-3 Questions) The phrases will be given and you need to select the
correct meaning of the given phrase.
- Spellings: (0-3 Questions)You need to choose the word that is correctly spelt or wrongly spelt
from the given options.
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction: (0-5 Questions) Grammar/Vocabulary based,
Construction of Sentences, Order of Words, Phrasal Verbs, Homonyms, etc.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, One word substitution (0-6 questions)
- Grammar : (0 - 5 Questions) You may be asked to choose options related to active/passive voice,
tenses, articles, direct/indirect speech, noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, adverb, preposition, conjunction, interjection.
General Awareness: (20 questions)
- Current awareness: (5-10 questions): covering recent events.
- Computer awareness: (0-5) questions: covering questions about basics of computer awareness
specially MS Office, operating system, hard ware, components, Internet, keyboard shortcuts, computer abbreviation, networking.
- History: (0-2 questions)
- Geography: (0-2 questions)
- Polity: (0 – 3 questions)
- Science: Physics, Chemistry Biology) (0- 5 questions)
- Environmental Science: (0 – 4 questions)
- Tourism and Hospitality: (0-5 questions) Important tourism resources of India like fairs and
festivals, cuisines, dances, music, monuments, hill stations, beaches, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries.
- Economics: (0-4 questions)
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card Download Url
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Preparation for the Exam Day:
The Admit card should be downloaded and printed immediately.
- A few copies of the Admit Card should be kept in reserve as these are also used at the time of admission and counselling.
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card, if required.
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card, if required
- Copy of the photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre
- Stationary related articles as mentioned should be kept ready.
- Dress related details will also be provided in
- the prospectus as well as with the admit card and should be followed.
- Items not to be taken to the Exam centre or barred should be noted.
Before entering the Exam Centre:
Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone / calculator /watch/any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
After entering the centre:
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Smoking is a not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
- The mode of availability of the admit card is online.
- Admit Card can be downloaded from the official site .
- The Admit Card for JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 can be accessed using the Registration number and password.
- After printing the Admit Card, a candidate is required to paste a self - attested passport size photograph of her / his on the admit card. Candidate should follow the printed instructions on admit card.
- The candidates are required to bring valid ID card at the time of Entrance Test.
To get all details about JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020
JMI Entrance Exam MTTM 2020 Results
No application or request from candidates for rechecking / re - evaluation of Answer sheet shall be entertained.