NEET PG 2019 is conducted by the National Board of Educations (NBE) and is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination to get admission in various MD/MS/MDS and PG diploma courses of Medical colleges and Dental colleges in India. This is the only national level entrance exam for getting admission in government, private and deemed universities of country.
NEET PG Counselling 2019 will be conducted as a centralized counselling for all State, UT and institutions. The counselling will be organized on all India basis by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and by State Boards for state level counselling.
MCC will conduct counselling for the following Institutions/Universities:
a) All India Quota seats (50%) for all State Govt. medical/dental colleges/institutes, except state of Jammu and Kashmir as per merit of PG NEET 2019.
b) From this year, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana students are eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
c) For all PG seats of the Deemed Universities as per merit of PG NEET 2019.
d) 50 % institutional quota seats for central universities of Delhi University, Aligarh Muslim University and Banaras Hindu University.
e) PG counselling for institutes of Armed Forces Medical Services.
NEET PG Counselling Procedure
The counselling procedure will be under the following steps:
There are two rounds of counselling for all institutions. For the Deemed and Central Universities there will be a Mop Up round (Third Round) and finally if there are vacant seats after third round, a final Stray Vacancy Round at the Institution Level will be held (can be construed as Fourth Round).
Step 1: Counselling Registration
• Go to the MCC webpage and click on the registration link.
• Save password.
• Pay the counselling fee
• Pay the tuition fee, which will be refunded if no seats are allotted to the candidates.
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking Choices
• Fill in your choice of subjects as well as the colleges/universities in order of preference.
• Once the choices are filled in, they can be modified before locking it.
• Lock the choices after choosing your references.
• If the candidate does not lock the choice submitted by them, submitted choices by them will be automatically locked on due date.
• Take a print out after locking of the filled choices for future use.
• One can fill as many choices as per your preferences.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
• After filling of your choice, the seat allotment process will be done.
• The seat shall be allotted to the candidates.
• The result will be declared according to the schedule. (For Round 1).
Step 4: Reporting
• Candidates who are allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/course within stipulated time.
• After the last date, admission to the college will be allowed.
• Candidates, who do not register in Round 1 can register for Round 2.
• Candidates who did not get a seat need not register again.
• If a seat is allotted during the Round 1, and candidates are not happy with the allotted college and want to wait out for second round, they are required to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities of the allotted college before being eligible for next round (2nd Round). There will be no forfeiture of fees.
• There will be a fresh choice filling round.
• Rest of the steps are the same as Round 1
• Publication of the result of the second round.
• Reporting at the allotted medical or dental college as per the published result for admission.
• Unlike the first round, in 2nd round, a candidate once allotted has to join the college allotted.
• If the candidate does not join in the second round, the tuition fees deposited will be forfeited. The candidate may be barred to participate in further rounds of counselling according to the rules in each state.
Round 3 (Mop up Round)
• This round is only for the for 100% Deemed/Central University Seats: 2019-20
• There will be fresh registration for Mop up Round (Round 3) for candidates including those who registered in Round 1 and exited /who registered in Round 2 and exited with Forfeiture of fees.
• However, candidates who have already joined and taken admission in Round 2 will not be eligible to participate!
• Those who registered but were not allotted a seat in Round 1 and Round 2 need not register again.
• Fresh choice filling of Mop Up Round
• Publication of result of Mop Up Round
• Reporting of the candidate at the Allotted Medical/ Dental College after Mop Up Round
Final Stray Vacancy Round (Round 4)
• A List containing ten times (of the registered candidates) of number of Stray vacancies shall be sent to Deemed / Central Universities to be used strictly in order of merit.
• This round will be conducted by Deemed/ Central Universities ESIC
• No fresh registration will be required.
State Level PG Admission
NEET PG results will be used by the states of India to fill up the PG seats in various subjects and colleges of the state including both private and Government Medical and Dental Colleges.
On the basis of generated merit list by all State/UT/Institutions, the final merit list will be generated on the respective websites.