UGC NET JUNE 2020 Conducting Body
National Testing Agency
UGC NET JUNE Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree
or equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC (on the website: www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/consolidated%20list%20of%20All%20universities.pdf in
Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications,
Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects at Post Graduation level attached as Annexure-IV)
are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non - Creamy
Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with Disability
(PwD) / Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without
rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who
have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result
is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also
apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be
considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have
passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks
(50% marks in case of OBC - NCL / SC / ST / PwD / Transgender category candidates). Such
candidates must complete their Master degree or equivalent examination within two years
from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be
treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same
relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are
available to SC / ST / PwD categories.The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the
lowest among those for SC / ST / PwD / OBC – NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19
September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a
relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates,
whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as
Annexure - III, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their
eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to NTA. However
the candidates, in their own interest, must ensure themselves about their eligibility for the
Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/NTA at any stage, their
candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. NTA does not verify the
information provided by the candidates during online registration and hence candidature will
be purely provisional subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with post - graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute
or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / institute should in
their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree / certificate with
Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities
(AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Age limit and Relaxation
- JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01.06.2020
- A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Noncreamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in)
Transgender categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to
the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the
relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from a p p r o p r i a t e authority. Three years relaxation in
age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. Degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above
ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET / SET / SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and
appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. In this
regard, exemption f r o m NET / SET / SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and
amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC / CSIR / JRF examination prior to 1989 are also
exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET)
accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted
from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in
India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible
m to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated
in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET JUNE Exam Centers 2020
15/06/2020 to  20/06/2020 ||
UGC NET JUNE 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
11:55 pm |
|Admit Card Release Date||15/05/2020 ||
|UGC NET JUNE 2020 Exam Date||
to 20/06/2020 |
|Declaration of result||05/07/2020||-|
To get all details about UGC NET JUNE 2020
UGC NET JUNE Prospectus 2020
Note: Info based as per current year; will be updated on release of new prospectus
- The eligibility ‘for Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant
Professor’ will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET in
aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not
be considered for the award of JRF. Candidates appearing in UGC-NET should clearly
specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for ‘Assistant Professor’
or ‘for both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor’. Candidates who
qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and
regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned
universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject
of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for full time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
- Candidates falling under Scheduled Caste(SC) / Scheduled Tribe(ST) / Persons with Disability
(PwD) / Transgender / Other Backward Classes - Non Creamy Layer (OBC - NCL), as per the
central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward
Classes (www.ncbc.nic.in), will be given special concessions as may be decided by the UGC.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will be eligible to
receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in
universities / IITs / Institutions. The validity period of the offer will be three years w.e.f. the
date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, for those candidates who have already joined M.
Phil. / Ph.D., the date of commencement of Fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of
NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
Examination Time Schedule
Timing of Examination
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|09.30 am to 12.30 pm||02.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours without break|
Entry into the Examination Centre
|7.30 am - 8.30 am||12.30 pm -1.30 pm|
Entry in the Examination Hall / Room
|8.45 am - 9.00 am||1.45 pm - 2.00 pm|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the invigilator|
|9.00 am- 9.15 am||2.00 pm - 2.15 pm
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall|
|9.15 am - 9.25 am||2.15 pm - 2.25 pm|
|Instructions by the invigilators|
|9.15 am -9.25 am ||2.15 pm - 2.25 pm|
UGC NET JUNE Application Form 2020
Application Form Fee
|General / Unreserved ||Rs. 800/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) -
(NCL)* / Economically Weaker Section (EWS)**||Rs. 400/-
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgende||Rs. 200/-|
- Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as
Application Form Filling Instructions
Step 1 : Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated
Application No. (Please see Annexure - VIII).
Step 2 : Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb - 200 kb) and
Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb - 30kb) in JPG / JPEG format.
Step 3 : Make payment of fee using SBI / HDFC / Syndicate / ICICI Payment Gateway and
keep proof of fee paid.
Step 4 : Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of
All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
The candidate has to select Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/E-Challan option to
pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment of fee.
After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case
the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is
cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the
candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET June, 2020 “Online” only
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website
www.ntanet.nic.in.The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA
website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online
Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA
through e-mail on e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only
UGC NET JUNE Syllabus 2020
The questions will be generic in nature,
intending to assess the teaching /
research aptitude of the candidate.
primarily be designed to test reasoning
ability, comprehension, divergent
thinking and general awareness of the
03 hours without any
All the questions will
|2||200||100||This will be based on the subject
selected by the candidate. |
UGC NET JUNE Admit Card 2020
Admit Card Download Start Date
UGC NET JUNE 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
- Candidates must bring the following documents to the Test Centre:
- Print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application
Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the Attendance Sheet
at Centre during the Examination.
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non - expired)
– PAN card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar Card (With
photograph) / Aadhaar Enrolment No / Ration Card). The name on the photo
identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit Card.
- If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate must
show the relevant document at the time of exam. Marriage
Certificate / Divorce / Decree / Legal Name Change Document.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation
under PwD category.
- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre two hours before the
commencement of the examination so as to complete the frisking and
registration formalities well before time. Registration desk will be closed 30
minutes prior to the examination.
Candidates shall not be permitted to enter in the Examination Center after 8.30 am
in First Shift and after 1.30 pm in Second Shift.
- Candidates are also advised to report at the Examination Hall/Room in the
Examination Centre by 8.45 am in the First Shift and by 1.45 pm in the Second
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully
and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- Candidates should take their seat immediately after opening of the Examination
Hall. If the candidates do not report in time due to any reason i.e. traffic jam,
train/bus delay etc, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be
announced in the Examination Rooms / Halls. The NTA shall not be responsible for
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from
the NTA website for admission in the examination room/hall. The Test Centre Staff
on duty is authorized to verify the identity of candidates and may take steps to
verify and confirm the identify credentials. Candidates are requested to extend
their full cooperation. A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card shall
not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre
- A seat indicating Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates should
find and sit on their allocated seat only. In case of a candidate who changes
room / hall or the seat on his/her own other than the one allotted, candidature shall
be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is
as per his/her opted subject indicated in the Admit Card. In case, the subject of
question paper is other than his / her opted subject, the same may be brought to the
notice of the Invigilator concerned.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre.
NTA will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen,
Slide Rules, Log Tables and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed
or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, Blue-tooth devices, pager or any
other electronic gadget / device etc.
To get all details about UGC NET JUNE 2020
UGC NET JUNE Results 2020