- A person who has passed one of the following examinations with pass in English as one of the subjects shall be eligible to join the First Semester class of B.A. or B.Sc. (General / B.Sc. (Bio-Info.) and Honours) degree course in a College affiliated to this University, however, a person who has not qualified English as one of the subjects at the +2 examinations, shall be eligible to join B.A. / B.Sc.-1stSemester provisionally subject to his / her qualifying the deficient subject of English from the parent Board / Body / Council / University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his / her admission, failing which his / her admission to B.A. / B.Sc. 1stSemester and the result for the examination shall automatically stand cancelled:
- B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com Part-I(Old Scheme) / Intermediate / Arts / Science / Agriculture
examination of Panjab University;
- the +2 examination under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognized University / Board / Council;
- PrakShastri / Vishard examination with compulsory English. (Vide SenatePara-LXXVII dated 06.12.2009);
- any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (a), (b) and(c) above.
- a person joining the B.Sc. course must have obtained at least 40 percent marks in the
aggregate of the qualifying examination;
- a B.Sc. student must have out of the three elective subjects offered by him / her (excepting Anthropology) passed at least 2 Science subjects in the qualifying examination. He / she may offer the third elective subject from the Faculty of Science or Faculty of Arts.
Provided further that a student shall be eligible to opt the subject of:
- Computer Science at the B.A. / B.Sc. level if he / she has passed the +2 examination with
Science / Commerce / Economics / Mathematics and Computer related subject like Computer Science/Information Technology etc. as one of the elective subjects or optional subjects.
- Biochemistry if he / she passed the +2 examination with the following subject:
- Mathematics / Biology
- A student may opt for Computer Science in B.Sc. (General) (Non-Medical) as one of the
elective subjects with the following combination (amended vide Syndicate Paragraph 32, dated 11.7.2005)
- Mathematics 2. Physics 3.Computer Science
The candidates, who have passed computer related subject like Computer science/ Information Technology, etc. as one of the Elective subjects or optional subject at 10+2 level, be allowed to opt the subject of Computer Science at B.A./B.Sc. level w.e.f. the academic session 2012-13 (Syndicate Para 18 dated 27.09.2011).
- A candidate who has been placed under compartment at +2 examination conducted by a
Board / Body / Council / University in India shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Semester of B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Sc.(Bio. Info.) course(s) he / she fulfils the following conditions:
- He / she should have been placed in compartment in one subject only;
- He / she should have obtained at least 20% marks in the subject in which he/she had been placed in compartment and;
- He / she should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of examination as laid down in the relevant regulations;
- A candidate joining the B.A. First Semester should have obtained at least 33% marks in
the aggregate of all the subjects (including the marks obtained by him / her in the subject of compartment, Theory & Practical / s taken together) taken up by him / her at the +2 examination.
- A candidate joining the B.Sc. First Semester should have obtained at least 40% marks in
the aggregate of all the subjects (including the marks obtained by him / her in the subject of compartment, Theory & Practical / s taken together) taken up by him / her at the +2 examination
The candidates securing less than 20% marks in the subject of compartment at the
10+2 examination be made eligible to join B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. Part-I courses, if they cleared or secure 20% or more marks in the subject in the Supplementary Examination held in July / August, on or before the last date for admission with late fee with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor, provided the seat / s is / are available
- (Syndicate Para 43 (xiv) meeting held on 27-01-2013).