AIBE, All India Bar Examination 2020 India: Exam Details
AIBE, All India Bar Examination, is a national level exam conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI) with the objective of assessing the capability of advocates who want to practice law in India.
The AIBE assesses skills at a basic level, and is intended to set a minimum benchmark for admission to the practice of law; it addresses a candidate’s analytical abilities and understanding basic knowledge of law. After passing AIBE, candidate is awarded "Certificate of Practice" by the Bar Council of India.
AIBE 2020: Important dates exam
The All India Bar Examination is generally held two times a year, once in June and once in December, with registrations usually starting in March and August respectively.
Attempts allowed for AIBE Exam
It is important for provisionally enrolled advocates to clear AIBE to practice law; thus no limit is applied to the number of times one can take the exam. Candidates can accordingly appear for AIBE until they clear the exam.
AIBE 2020 Exam Details
· AIBE is conducted in 40 cities all across India.
· Candidates have 11 languages to choose for attempting the examination.
· Examination pattern is of multiple choice question and it is an open book exam.
· AIBE Paper consists of 100 objective type questions.
· Duration of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
· Candidates are awarded one mark for each correct answer.
· No mark is deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
· The question paper contains a total 100 questions of the objective type from 20 subjects.
· These 20 subjects are divided into Category-I and Category-II.
· Each subject of Category-I has 7 questions while Category-II subjects have 23 questions in total.
· Result has no marks and will be either qualified or not qualified
AIBE 2020 Eligibility
· Candidate should be an Indian national.
· Candidates must either have passed 3 years or 5 years LL.B. degree from a BCI recognized law school.
· No minimum percentage is required in the qualifying examination in order to apply for AIBE 2019.
· In order to appear in All India Bar Examination, it is must for the aspirant/law graduate to be enrolled with his/her respective State Bar Council.
· Candidate must possess the advocate enrolment card issued by State Bar Council.