CAT 2023 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Common Admission Test 2023 or CAT 2023 is the entrance examination for admission to MBA, PGDM, PGPM and FPM. CAT 2023 is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management.
CAT for the year 2023 has been announced by Indian Institutes of Management and will be held on 26/11/2023. The application forms will be available from 02/08/2023 till 21/09/2023. The exam is in online mode. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 25/10/2023. The result date will be announced later.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Amritsar
- Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Management, Bodh Gaya
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Jammu
- Indian Institute of Management, Kashipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Raipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Sambalpur
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong
- Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Tiruchirappalli
- IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
To get all details about CAT 2023
Indian Institutes of Management
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum Academic Qualifications required for CAT 2023 required are:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as an University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate
- Candidates applying for CAT 2023 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- a) Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*.
- b) Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)) with required percentage*.
- c) Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*. *SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs. Candidates must declare and main
|Application Form Correction
|Admit Card Release Date
|CAT 2023 Exam Date
To get all details about CAT 2023
CAT 2023 is coming up and being held from 26/11/2023 till 26/11/2023. By clicking on the download link you will be directed to the official site. Link:
CAT 2023 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|SC, ST and PwD candidates||1200|
|All other candidates||2400|
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Application Form Filling Instructions
- Students applying for the CAT 2023 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of CAT 2023:
PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Scanned copy of passport photograph in JPG or JPEG format and Scanned copy of signature in JPG or JPEG format.
- Functional e - mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber - cafe.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the CAT 2023:
Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections.
Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature.
Step-4: Payments have to be made by Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI.
CAT 2023 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Preparation for the Exam Day:
- The Admit card should be downloaded and printed immediately.
- A few copies of the Admit Card should be kept in reserve as these are also used at the time of admission and counselling.
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card.
- Documents to be taken to the Exam centre should be kept ready.
- Copy of the photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre.
- Stationary related articles as mentioned should be kept ready.
- Dress related details will also be provided in the prospectus as well as with the admit card and should be followed.
- Items not to be taken to the Exam centre or barred should be noted.
Before Entering the Exam Centre:
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After Entering the Centre:
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall before the expiry of half of the time allotted for the respective paper.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to the expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to the cancellation of the exam for that candidate
The Admit Card can be downloaded from the official site. Once it is downloaded it should be printed. Instructions on the Admit Card should be read carefully as very important details may be provided along with the Admit Card. Following information is provided with the admit card:
- Roll Number
- Name and place along with the address of the Exam or Test Centre
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card.
- Copy of the passport sized photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre.
- Information is also provided about the identity related documents to be taken to the Exam centre.
- These may include Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, voter card etc. The chosen identity related documents should be readied.
- Instructions will also be provided about any other document required.
- Instructions about any photocopying documents will also be provided.
- Stationary related information is also provided with the Admit Card.
To get all details about CAT 2023