What to do after the NEET result is announced? The student has appeared in the NEET Exam and the result is announced. She has been ranked and have her marks are in the merit list. It is important to understand here that getting a good rank/marks in neet will not get you admission in a medical college; lots more will have to be done.
Thus after the result is declared, the Government of States of India, will allot seats to the medical and dental colleges of respective states according to the applications received for admission to these colleges in a process called COUNSELLING FOR MBBS and BDS SEATS. An outline of this process is given below:
1. NEET UG 2020 Result announced and merit List with roll no and marks made online
2. Post result, Online counselling starts for
- 15% All India quota seats in various government medical and dental colleges of India.
- 85% of State seats in various government medical and dental colleges of each state.
- State MBBS seats in various private medical and dental colleges of each state.
- All Deemed medical colleges and universities of India
- ESI group of medical colleges in India
- Some individual Universities and colleges like BHU, AHU and AFMC
3. Designated boards, universities and colleges will conduct the counselling for each of the above category, which are notified in press and online. Advertisements are given in the main newspapers and one should keep an eye on these.
4. A student can potentially apply under few categories depending on his residence in India. For example, a student who has a domicile of Punjab can apply for:
- 15% All India Category
- Punjab Category for 85% Govt Seats
- Private Colleges seats of his state
- Private colleges seats of certain states which allow students to apply from other states
- Deemed Private Universities and Colleges
- BHU and AMU
- AFMC and
- ESI hospitals if eligible
Note: Thus a very high level of alertness has to be maintained once the NEET Results are announced, as there are no fixed dates of announcement of counseling dates!
Chandigarh Counselling 2020:
In Chandigarh, the process of admission purpose is to fill 85% state quota seats in MBBS program and BDS and BHMS seats under UT Chandigarh pool. The conducting authority is Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh on its official website
List of participating Colleges in Chandigarh
|Govt Medical College (for MBBS)||150|
|Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital (for BDS)||100|
Note: These are the total seats available for admission. The available seats for various categories are mentioned in the prospectus 2020.
The competent authority has released the online application form for admission to Chandigarh MBBS/BDS on 02.11.2020. Interested aspirants can now fill the application form available on the official website of GMCH, Chandigarh
Candidates have to completely fill the application form appropriately and have to submit it before the due date i.e. 09.11.2020 (Monday) by 4:00 pm. Candidates have to fill single form each for MBBS, BDS and BHMS or multiple courses. Additional application fee is payable for each course selected while filling the online application form. Candidate has to pay the total fee online in single transaction. Once the form is submitted, no addition or changes will be allowed further.
Dates for admission and counseling schedule
|Opening date of online application form||02.11.2020|
|Last date / time of submission of online application form and fees for all candidates (including Foreign Indian Student / NRI)||Upto 09.11.2020 (Monday) by 4:00 pm|
|Display of lists of Provisionally eligible candidates according to their categories and List of deficient documents / discrepancies||13.11.2020 (Friday)|
|Last date for submission of documents to remove the deficiencies, if any||16.11.2020 (Monday) by 3.00 PM in Room No. 201, Academic Branch, Block-D, Level-2, GMCH-32, Chandigarh. The Office will be opened on 15.11.2020 (Sunday) from 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM|
|Display of final list of provisionally Eligible Candidates according to their categories||17.11.2020 (Tuesday) by 5.00 PM|
|First Counseling MBBS: All UT* Pool seats (General/SC/PwD**) Foreign Indian Student (NRI) seats.||18.11.2020 (Wednesday) at 10.00 am|
|First Counseling BDS: General Category, Reserved (SC, ST, BC, PwD, Jaj category & International / NRI seats||19.11.2020 (Thursday) at 10.00 am|
|First counseling BHMS: (General Category, Reserved SC / PwD)||20.11.2020 (Friday) at 10.00 am|
|Second counseling||To be notified later|
|Commencement of Session||15.12.2010|
|Last date upto which students can join||31.12.2020|
Steps for applying
Candidates have to register themselves by clicking on “candidate registration” link. During the registration, he/she needs to enter valid mobile no., name, email id and few more details After that, login credentials will be generated and candidate will receive the confirmation mail on registered email address.
Candidate has to login using the registration id and password. He/she has to fill the complete application form (to fill personal and academic details) and then save the details.Application ID will be generated that will be send on to registered mobile number and email id. Moreover, candidate has to choose the course or multiple courses while filling the application form.
• Uploading documents:
Candidate have to upload photo and signature in JPG format (<20KB). Also, the prescribed documents have to be uploaded in PDF format
• Final submission:
Candidate can preview the application form filled and if satisfied with the filled details, the form can be submitted and after that no changes will be allowed.
All candidates need to download the submitted application form and take a printout.
• Fee payment:
Candidate has to pay the application fee in online mode. The application fee for general and other categories is 1000 INR + bank Charges (Rs. 500 + Bank Charges for SC and Rs. 7000 + Bank Charges for NRI). In case of any discrepancy in the fee amount and application ID, application is liable to be rejected.
• Take Print of Receipt of payment (candidate should bring receipt of payment of application fee at the time of counselling.
NOTE: The candidate should bring separate set of online submitted application form for each course applied for, along with self attested copies of requisite certificates/ documents at the time of Counseling.
Display of Merit list:
Counselling will be done on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of NEET 2020 score and the merit list would include the details like Name, roll number, NEET overall AIR, NEET marks, percentile, and date of birth.
Final merit list will be released on 17.11.2020 (Tuesday) by 5.00 PM.
Candidates in the merit list will be eligible to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process.
- The first round counselling will commence on 18.11.2020 (Wednesday) at 10.00 am for MBBS course and 19.11.2020 (Thursday) at 10.00 am for BDS course.
- Selected candidates according to merit list will have to report at the counseling venue on the stipulated date and time along with original and photocopies of relevant documents.
- Sequence of counseling will be for General Category seats first, followed by reserved category seats. If an eligible candidate reports late for counseling when his/her turn according to his/her rank/merit has already been passed over, he/she will be considered as per available seat at the time of his/her actual reporting in the counseling.
- No candidate will be eligible to attend the subsequent rounds of Chandigarh MBBS counselling 2020 if they have been allotted a seat in the first round.
- The second round of counselling will be conducted on (To be notified later)
- A candidate once granted admission cannot re-appear in subsequent counseling for the same course.
- Candidates will be granted seats which are left after the first round seat according to their rank and score.
- In case, if seats are left vacant in any reserved category due to non-availability of an eligible candidate, the same will be de-reserved and will be made available to general category candidates according rank and score in NEET 2020.
- Candidate has to report at 9:30 AM for document verification at Auditorium, O-Block (Sarai Building), Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32-A Chandigarh
- Admission Fee is to be paid on the day of the medical examination if the candidate is found to be medically fit.
- The candidature of the eligible candidates, who do not deposit the prescribed fees in full, shall stand automatically canceled and vacancies so caused shall be offered to the candidates next in order of merit.
- If any information or documents submitted by the candidate are found to be fake, his/her admission will be stand canceled and the fee deposited will be forfeited.
“This article has been modified in November, 2020.”
Also Read :
- Scope and Career of MBBS in Punjab
- Can I do MBBS after Bsc?
- Is MBBS without NEET exam possible in India?