DASA 2020 – Direct Admission of Students AbroadDASA 2020 - DASA stand for Direct Admission of Students Abroad. DASA is a scheme of the HRD Ministry for admissions to premier institutes of India offering engineering/architecture/planning/management programmes at the UG (Undergraduate) and PG (Postgraduate) level. As part of the scheme, admissions are provided to Foreign Nationals/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India to programs by the NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), SPAs (School of Planning and Architecture) and other Centrally Funded & Premier Technical Institutes. It is an initiative by the Government of India. Only NRIs (Non Resident Indian), foreign nationals and PIOs (Person of Indian Origin) are eligible for the DASA scheme.
DASA requires applicants to write SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Math Level 2 instead of the standard JEE Mains in order to get admission into NITs, IIITs and other premier institutes of India (IITs not included).
Sat exam includes 75 questions in physics, 85 in chemistry and 50 in Math Level 2. One gains 1 point for each correct answer and loses 0.25 for each wrong one. The score is then obtained out of 800. SAT Subject Tests are generally easy if you've got a good grasp on 11th and 12th grade basics in Physics, Chemistry and Math. The best way of preparing is by solving many sample papers which can be obtained from various guides.
DASA UG 2020 Important Dates (Tentatively):
|1||Release of DASA UG 2019 Online Application Form ||April 2, 2020|
Final Date to Submit Filled Application Form
|June 11, 2020|
|3||Last Date to Submit SAT Subject Test Score ||June 11, 2020|
|4||Round 1 – Seat Allotment ||June 24, 2020|
|5||Confirmation of candidates who have been allotted seats in Round 1|| June 24-27, 2020|
|6||Round 2 – Seat Allotment ||June 30, 2020|
|7||Confirmation of candidates who have been allotted seats in Round 2 ||June 30 to July 3, 2020|
|8||Round 3 – Seat Allotment ||July 6, 2020|
|9||Confirmation of candidates who have been allotted seats in Round 3 ||July 6 to 9, 2020|
|10||Choice refilling and new candidates registration (if payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by ||July 10-13, 2020|
|11||Round 4 – Seat Allotment ||July 17, 2020|
|12||Confirmation of candidates who have been allotted seats in Round 4 ||July 17 to 20, 2020|
|13||Reporting of the candidates who have been selected in Round 1, 2, 3 and 4 to their allotted institute ||July 21 to 26, 2020|
|14||Announcement of vacant seat matrix for Spot Round ||July 29, 2020|
|15||Special Round – New Registrations and Choice Refilling (if payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by July 29, 2019) ||July 30 to August 1, 2020|
|16||Spot Round against vacant seats & Spot Round Allotment ||August 3, 2020|
|17||Reporting to allotted institutes by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Spot Round ||August 4 to 8, 2020|
DASA UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria For admissions to UG engineering/architecture/planning programs under the DASA scheme, aspirants the eligibility requirements are given below:
• Aspirants born on or after October 01, 1994 will be considered eligible.
• Date of birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be considered authentic.
• Aspirants should have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. 10+2 or equivalent from any education system as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Aspirants should have completed Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) successfully in Class 11th and/ or Class 12th, as applicable.
• Aspirants should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (average of all subjects of qualifying examination taken together) or 6.50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination.
• In case, CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered. Aspirants who have appeared for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year 2019-20 and expecting their final results latest by September, 2019 may also apply.
• Aspirants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry).
Domicile or Residential Requirement
• All foreign nationals studying in any country including India or Indian nationals studying abroad who fulfill the required admission criteria will be eligible.
• The prescribed admission criteria for Indian Nationals should be at least five years of education, inclusive of Class 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last 8 years. They should also have passed the qualifying examination from overseas.
DASA 2020 Application Process
Steps for DASA 2020 Online Application Process
Step 1: Registration
Students are being required to create an account at the official site.
Step 2: After registering on the site, aspirants will have to fill the application form and upload the following:
• Latest passport size photograph in JPG format (size ~ 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size
• Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format (file size
• Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file
Documents required for online submission:
• Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted).
• Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities). • Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th and 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
• Certificate from School authorities (on letter head of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
• Proof of last 5 years of education in foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV)
• Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT
• If a candidate's 12th standard or equivalent is not completed as yet, they will be required to give an undertaking in the online application.
STEP 3: SAT subject test score to be sent to conducting body through College Board, USA.
Seat Allotment Process and Merit List
The DASA seat allotment process is based on valid SAT subject test scores along with the choices given by the aspirants. The allotment is done according to the order of merit secured and priority selected.
There are four rounds of seat allotment. Note:
The merit list will be prepared only for those aspirants whose valid SAT Subject Test scores have reached the organising institute before the last date directly from the College Board.
Note: Admissions to UG programs at the premier Institutes of India under the DASA scheme are being coordinated by National Institute of Technology, Karnataka for the year 2020.