In Punjab, admission and counseling process for filling Undergraduate Medical/dental seats is administered by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS). The admission to the medical colleges in Punjab will be purely on the basis of merit in NEET exam. The aim is to fill seats in Punjab medical colleges that include :
• Admission to 85% state quota seats in government and government aided institutions and
• Admission to both 50% state quota and management quota seats in private colleges.
• Remaining 15% seats in government and government aided institutions will be filled by counseling done by MCC.
Total Seat availability: Around 1375 medical seats and 1230 dental seats are available in medical colleges in Punjab.
In Private Medical colleges Seat distribution will be:
• 50% for government quota seats
• 50% for management and Minority quota seats out of which
• 15% NRI quota
• 25% SC quota
• 5% Backward Classes
Candidates who have qualified NEET exam and seeking admission in medical colleges, as well as dental colleges in Punjab, must qualify the criteria given below:
• The candidate must have passed 12th standard exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and English with a minimum of 50% aggregated marks for general category (45% for PWD candidates and 40% for reserved category) from Punjab.
• The students who have passed their 12th exam from recognized school of Chandigarh, but are bonafide residents of Punjab are also eligible.
• The candidate must not be less than 17 years of age as on December 31, 2021
• Only bonafide residents of Punjab can apply for admission under 85% state quota seats.
Students who fulfil the following criteria would also be eligible:
• Candidates had either of their parents as Late employees of Punjab government/ Central Government/ All India Services
• Children of late employees of military/ex-military/ paramilitary forces born in Punjab
• Children of defence personnel posted in Punjab
• Minority and NRI candidates may also apply
List of participating Colleges in Punjab
Punjab Counseling for MBBS/BDS
The competent authority has released the online application form for admission to Punjab MBBS/BDS on November 18, 2021 Candidates have to fill the application form (available at http://bfuhs.ac.in/ ) appropriately and have to submit it before the due date i.e. 28th Nov 2021. For NRI quota, the last date to submit the application form is December 07, 2021. To submit the application form, the procedure is as given below:
Registration: While filling the application form, candidates need to register themselves by creating the registration id and password. Candidates must then submit the correct contact details, name and DOB to complete the registration.
Filling up details: After successful registration, candidates have to log in using their credentials to fill in their personal and academic details like NEET score and rank, domicile, category etc.
Application fee payment: The non-refundable fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 2500/- for SC candidates) + GST @ 18% in University must be deposited in the online mode by using debit/credit cards or net banking on or before November 28, 2021. Challan payment is also available, for which the candidate has to first download and take a printout of the Bank e-challan which will be generated after registration.
Uploading documents and form submission: Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature along with the prescribed documents. Then, the form can be submitted and take print of receipt of payment (candidate should bring the receipt of payment of application fee at the time of counselling.
Document verification: After successfully submitting the application form, candidates need to report at the nodal centers for document verification process which will be conducted in offline mode from November 30, 2021 to December 2,2021.
Dates for admission and counseling schedule
|Availability of Prospectus on University website www.bfuhs.ac.in||28.11.2021|
|Last date for applying online Admission Application Form through University Website||28.11.2021|
|Last date for depositing fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 2500/- for SC candidates) + GST @ 18% through Online
|Last date for submitting the physical application form for the NRI quota (Application form for Eligibility
certificate and admission application form for NRI candidates is separately available on the University
|Document Verification of various categories||30.11.2021 to 02.12.2021|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of candidates||03.12.2021|
|Last date for receiving objection if any to the Provisional Merit list||06.12.2021 (up to 11:00 am)|
First round of counselling
|Choice filling for 1st Round of Online Counselling||19.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 (upto 11:55 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25.01.2022 to 29.01.2022|
|Reporting by candidates to the respective provisionally allotted colleges and deposition of six months tuition fee through University Payment Gateway available on the University website in Student Login||Upto 07.02.2022 (till 5:00 PM)|
Second Round of Counselling
|Schedule of second and subsequent rounds of counseling||To be notified|
Display of Merit list: Counselling will be done on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of NEET score and the merit list would include the details like Name, roll number, NEET overall AIR, NEET marks, percentile, and date of birth. The provisional merit list for Punjab MBBS/BDS will be released on December 3,2021. Candidates on the merit list will be eligible to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process.
The first round of online counselling for admission to MBBS/BDS courses will commence on 19.01.2022. Candidates whose names are displayed in the provisional merit list will be required to fill the online counseling form. Along with that, candidates need to fill their choices for round-I of colleges as well courses, in which they want to get admission. The choices once filled cannot be edited. Based on these choices and courses filled, NEET score & rank, seat availability and reservation criteria, Punjab MBBS/BDS admission will be granted for 85% state quota seats for round-I of counseling.
BFUHS will publish the result of seat allotment for the first round upto 31.01.2022. Candidates need to download their seat allotment letter and will be required to report to the respective colleges allotted to them for completion of the admission process. Fee deposition: After the verification of the documents and checking of eligibility, the Candidate will deposit the tuition fee for six months (as per Punjab Govt. notification) through a specified bank challan form to be issued by the Principal of the concerned college. The candidate will report for a medical checkup and joining after submission of proof of fee deposition to the respective college within the stipulated time period, failing which allocated seat will stand canceled automatically without any intimation to the candidate.
The fee structure for the Government/Privately managed colleges is as per Punjab Government notification(s) for MBBS/BDS courses.
• If candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her during the first round of counselling, he/she is not required to participate in the subsequent round of counsellings. In case, candidate wants to upgrade/change the seat allotted then he/she will have to participate in the second round of counseling.
• In case any candidate wants to quit the course/seat then he/she will have to submit an application to the respective college regarding his/her surrender of the seat in advance before the start of the next round of counselling.
• In case candidate’s seat is upgraded/changed in the second round of counselling and he/she has already deposited the tuition fee then he/she is not required to deposit the fee again.
Round-II: The tentative dates will be notified later on the official website of BFUHS.
This article was modified on 18th January 2022