UCEED 2020 Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design
UCEED or Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design is held each year for admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Eligibility for UCEED 2020 Exam
Class XII (or equivalent) or appearing in any stream i.e. Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities, of the current year are eligible to appear for UCEED of the same year.
Admissions to Participating Institutes for UCEED 2020
UCEED 2020 is open to students of all nationality (Indian/Foreign). Candidates who want admission to the Bachelor Degree program in Design (B. Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2020.
Qualifying in UCEED 2020 does not provide automatic entitlement to admission. Candidates, who qualify in UCEED will have to apply separately for B. Des admissions as per the prescribed procedure and admissions will be made in order of merit in each category. The scores of UCEED 2020 are valid only for admission to the academic year 2020-2021
UCEED 2020 Participating Institutes
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
2. Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
3. IIT Hyderabad
4. IIIT, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
List of Result Sharing Institutes (As per UCEED 2019) are given below:
The following institutes use the marks and merit list of UCEED for admission to their courses related to design. None of these are a part of joint admission process conducted by IIT Bombay. Details of seats etc. will be found on individual web sites of the individual institutions given below:
5. Delhi Technological University, Delhi (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
Eligibility Criteria for Applying for B.Des to core Institutes in joint admission
- Age Limit: Born on or after October 1, 1995 for OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
- UCEED Qualification: Should have qualified by getting a rank in UCEED 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Should have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Class XII or equivalent in 2019 or 2020.
- Students from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematic are eligible to apply to all four participating colleges .
- Students from other streams i.e. Science without Mathematic, Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities are eligible to apply to at only IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
- Overseas Citizen of India or PIO (People of Indian Origin) card holders are admitted under the open category on are supernumerary seats.
Number of Seats Available
- Total 144 seats are available for admission
Application form for joint Admission to 4 institutes
- Only UCEED 2020 qualified students can apply for admission to the B.Des program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. A common form is to be filled up after paying the fees. IIT Bombay will do the admission process.
Counselling details for combined admission
- Three rounds of seat allocations are done for 4 institutes depending on rank and college chosen.
Important Dates for UCEED 2020
Start date for Online Registration
9th October, 2019
Last date for Online Registration with regular fee
15th November, 2019
Last date for Online Registration with late fee
20th November, 2019
Start date for Admit Card downloading
27th December, 2019 onwards
UCEED 2020 Examination
Saturday 18th January, 2020
10:00 To 13:00 HOURS
Release of Draft Answer Key for Part-A
21st January, 2020
Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key
27th January, 2020
Release of Final Answer Key for Part-A
4th February, 2020
Declaration of result
13th March, 2020
Start date for Score Card downloading
13th March, 2020
Application for B. Des. programme
8th to 30th June 2020
Seat allotment round 1
4th July, 2020
Seat allotment round 2
11th July, 2020
Seat allotment round 3
15th July, 2020