- PhD degree holders with first class or equivalent in preceding degree and having
consistently a good academic record.
- From the PhD thesis or Post-PhD work, at least two research publications in refereed
journals / conference proceedings.
- Not completed five years from the date of completion of PhD programme.
- A PhD student who has submitted thesis but not completed the PhD programme can also apply. However, such candidate is expected to complete the PhD programme and submit provisional or original PhD degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining as IPDF.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience and the (opted) mentor is other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
NOTE: For applicants in chemical Engineering “at least one Degree (Bachelors/Masters/PhD)” in Chemical Engineering is required.
Age Limit: Maximum Age is 35 years. It can be relaxed by 5 years for women, reserved
category and PWD candidates.
Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from concerned authority of the Government of India.
- The applications received by the respective academic Departments/Centres will be shortlisted by a committee constituted by the HoD/HAC. The concerned academic Departments/Centres will submit recommendations on the list of candidates to be called for interview along with the short listing criteria and other relevant documents to the R&D section for the approval of DORD.
- After the approval of the Dean, R&D, the interview date will be notified to the respective Departments/Centres. Accordingly, softcopy as well as hard copy of the interview call letter will be sent to the shortlisted candidates by respective Departments/Centres.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the respective Department/Centres
- Candidates called for interview are eligible for reimbursement of to and fro AC II tier railway
fare by the shortest route from the address of correspondence.
- Candidates from abroad shall be exempted from appearing personally before the selection
committee. Such candidates, if any, shall be interviewed through video conferencing (skype).
- The selection will be at two levels. At the first level, the candidate has to make a presentation at the respective departments/Centres, which will be evaluated by a department/centre/level committee. interview will be at two level the first at the department/center level.
- The department/center level committee will consist of following members