The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of their profiles. They are also expected to meet the qualifying scores in at least one of the entrance exams. The profiles are scored and the applicants are sorted into two groups: Profile based and Profile cum Score based.
Various factors are considered for selection of applicants such as -
- Overall profile
- Academic background
- Work experience
- Entrance scores
- Versatility and achievements
Applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background. Performance in 10th
grade, 12th grade and every year of graduation are considered in the selection process. 10th Grade and 12th Grade
- An aggregate of all subjects scores (marks) mentioned on the mark sheet will be
considered for arriving at the final percentage. This is irrespective of whether the university / board takes it into consideration or not while calculating the final percentage.
- If a board/university awards grades / grade points, then the same has to be converted
into percentage by using the applicable conversion factor. The conversion certificate needs to be furnished during interview process if shortlisted.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent
CGPA awarded by any University incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD,
Government of India.
- The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the applicant must
entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. The percentage obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. The degree awarded by an institute/university should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Applicants in the last year of degree and those who have completed the degree but are
awaiting results can also apply. The applicant should have obtained 50% marks or equivalent in the latest exam that has been completed. In such a case, applicants must provide a provisional certificate from the Principal/Registrar of his / her Institute/University stating that he/she has appeared for all the exams and has completed all the obligations required to obtain the degree.
- For the applicants who are awaiting their final results of the bachelor’s degree,
available marks of the previous semesters/years would be considered for calculating graduation percentage.
- Applicants mentioned in points 3 and 4, if selected, have to provide the degree
awarded by the university latest by December 31, 2020 until which the registration will be considered as provisional. The registration to the Programme will stand cancelled if the applicant fails to submit the degree by December 31, 2020.
- If the applicants have undergone/completed an integrated master’s degree or dual
degree directly after their 12th, the percentage of marks obtained as per their institute/university norms, which is considered as equivalent to bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree of an Indian applicant who has studied / studies oversees awarded
by a college / institute / university, should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / other appropriate authorities.
- If the institute provides grades / CGPA instead of marks, a conversion of the same to equivalent percentage is mandatory. If no conversion factor is available/provided,
then obtained CGPA needs to be multiplied by conversion factor of 10 to obtain the percentage. The conversion certificate needs to be furnished during the interview process if shortlisted. If no conversion factor exists, then a certificate from the institution / university certifying the practice needs to be provided during the interview process if shortlisted.
For more details Click Here.