Guidelines for Filling-Up the Post Graduate Application Form
- Registration to the IIT Kanpur PG Admissions portal is required before applying to any PG Programme .
- After registration use your credentials to log-in to the system.
- Your registered email id will the user-name to enter IIT Kanpur Registration Portal. Enter a Strong password (at least 6 characters).
- Enter the correct First Name, Middle Name and Last Name, Email address and Date of Birth while registering to the IIT Kanpur PG Admission portal. The same data would be used by the system while filling your personal details.
- You can change your password or retrieve a lost password by following the “Forgot Password” link.
FILLING A FORM
- Before starting to fill up the form, read the PG information brochure carefully. The brochure is available at IIT Kanpur PG Admissions Portal.
- The site does not offer automatic saving of the data. The data on a page gets saved once you click on the "Save & Next" or “Save as Draft” button provided in the page.
- After the successful submission of the form, candidates need to pay the fees online. Applications without the payment with be rejected. The bank charges if any will have to be borne by the candidate.
- A print button is provided to save a pdf copy of the application form.
- In case you forget to download the pdf copy of the form, you can login again with your login credentials and take a printout of the same form.
- After making the payment, please make sure that the “Payment Status” is complete. In case of any discrepancy please contact email@example.com.
- At least one preference is mandatory while filling up the “Program Selection”
- Candidates need to upload all the relevant document at the time of submission. System only accepts PDF files (max 2MB Size) for documents and .jpg/.png files (max 500Kb) for photographs.
- Payment of Fees is mandatory.
- Submit a separate application for each program.
- In all the pages where you want to add an extra record (like in case you want to add two records for employment details indicating multiple employers, you need to click on the “+” button shown on the page).
- In case you are a final year student applying for a post graduate program in IITK and your results for the final year are awaited then you can select the result status as “Awaited” in the Education Information page.
- The career (UG, PG etc.), year of passing, semester, from date and to date details are all compulsory fields on the Education Information page. Enter valid data for all the aforesaid fields.
- Make sure you have PDF copy of all the relevant document as they are required to be uploaded in the application.
- For any query, you may send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.