GU PET October 2020 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Goa University Entrance Test for Ph.D. October 2020 or GU PET October 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to Ph.D.. GU PET October 2020 is conducted by Goa University.
GU PET October for the year 2020 has been announced by Goa University and will be held from 02/12/2020 to 03/12/2020. The application forms will be available from 16/10/2020 till 12/11/2020. The exam is in written mode. Result is expected to be announced on 11/12/2020.
To get all details about GU PET October 2020
GU PET October 2020 Conducting Body
GU PET October 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: The Minimum Academic Qualifications for GU PET October 2020 required
- A candidate who has obtained a Master's Degree or a Professional Degree declared equivalent to
the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), or an equivalent Degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D./M.Phil Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be given for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Persons with Disabilities and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work in regular mode with at least 55% marks
in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree in Regular Mode shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated Programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Persons with Disabilities and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- The subject of research shall be that which relates to the main branch/ branches of knowledge
chosen by the candidate for the post-graduate Degree. However, a candidate wishing to conduct research in a subject of an interdisciplinary character shall also be eligible for registration. The applications of such candidates shall be considered by following the procedure set out under OA19A.2(v).
- Candidates of Goa University whose M.Phil Dissertation has been evaluated and Viva is pending,
shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian
Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
GU PET October 2020 Important Dates
|GU PET October 2020 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about GU PET October 2020
GU PET October 2020 Prospectus
GU PET October 2020 Application Form
Application Form Fee
APPLICATION FEES (Non-Refundable):
|General Category/OBC/EWS||Rs. 600/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the GU PET October 2020 have to fill up the application form on the official site. A student can submit the application for only once; multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of GU PET October 2020
PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards and Debit Cards Service is a must.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
GU PET October 2020 Syllabus
50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) on the lines of CSIRUGC NET examination
|Marks 100||Duration: 2 hours|
|Paper II (subject specific)
Section A - MCQs
Section B - Descriptive Questions
|Duration: 2 hours|
There shall be internal choice for Section B of Paper II
Syllabus for Paper II
Paper II shall be as per the syllabus for CSIR-UGC/UGC NET examinations. However,
- in interdisciplinary Programmes such as Marine Science, Paper II shall be set in the respective subject specialization of the candidates. Each candidate is permitted to answer questions only from the respective specialisation.
- syllabus of subjects of Botany, Zoology, Microbiology and Biotechnology under the Faculty of Life Sciences for Paper -II are notified herewith.
GU PET October 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre:
Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone / calculator /watch/any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
After entering the centre:
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about GU PET October 2020
GU PET October 2020 Results
|Conduct of Interview for GU-PET qualified candidates||15/12/2020 to 17/12/2020|
|Declaration of list of Selected Candidates||2212/2020|
|Last date of admission and payment of fees||11/01//2020|