HSEE 2022 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination 2022 or HSEE 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to M.A. (Development Studies) (Integrated) and M.A. (English Studies) (Integrated). HSEE 2022 is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
HSEE for the year 2022 has been announced by Indian Institute of Technology Madras and will be held on 31/07/2022. The application forms will be available from 09/03/2022 till 31/05/2022. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 13/07/2022. Result is expected to be announced on 17/08/2022.
To get all details about HSEE 2022
HSEE 2022 Conducting Body
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
HSEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: The Minimum Academic Qualifications for HSEE 2022 required are
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian
- Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Age Limit :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1997 are eligible for HSEE2022. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD, born on or after October 01, 1992 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std./12th Std.) first Board/ Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
HSEE 2022 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|HSEE 2022 Exam Date
|Answer Key For Challenge Display
|Declaration of result
To get all details about HSEE 2022
HSEE 2022 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs.1200/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the HSEE 2022 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
- The submission is ONLINE only.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of HSEE 2022
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Soft copy of candidate’s coloured passport size photograph (Maximum 20kb / 40KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format with White Background.
- Soft copy of candidate’s signature (Maximum 10kb / 30 KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format.
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards & Debit Cards Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-café.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the HSEE 2022
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Demand Draft.
|for payment made by Option B (step -2 must have been completed by May 31, 2022) - Ends||June 01, 2022|
|Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates||June 20, 2022 to June 24, 2022|
HSEE 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session.
- Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set / scanner / camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about HSEE 2022