NCET 2021 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
NIN Common Entrance Test 2021 or NCET 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) and M.Sc. (Sports Nutrition). NCET 2021 is conducted by ICMR- National Institute of Nutrition.
NCET for the year 2021 has been announced by ICMR- National Institute of Nutrition and will be held on 18/09/2021. The application forms will be available from 12/08/2021 till 03/09/2021. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 08/09/2021. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about NCET 2021
NCET 2021 Conducting Body
ICMR- National Institute of Nutrition
NCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Minimum Academic Qualifications for NCET 2021 required are appearing in MBBS or non-Medical (B.Sc. in Home Science / Applied Nutrition / Biochemistry) or B.Sc. with Nutrition, Food & Nutrition, Home Science, Zoology, Applied Nutrition & Public Health, Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Food Science or Nutrition & Dietetics or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
NCET 2021 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|NCET 2021 Exam Date
To get all details about NCET 2021
NCET 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
General / EWS / OBC Category: Rs. 3000/-
SC / ST Category: Rs. 2700/-
Application Form Filling Instructions
- Students applying for the NCET 2021 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
- The submission is ONLINE only or OFFLINE only or has to be submitted ONLINE and the a copy of the application form duly signed along with required documents has to be sent through postal mail or submitted in person.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of NCET 2021:
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, UPI or PAYTM Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-cafe.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill-up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the NCET 2021:
Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and password are created.
Step-2: Student has to complete the Application Form and its various sections
Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
Step-4: Payments have to be made by Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI / PAYTM
Important Instructions about NCET 2021 Application Process:
- All steps have to be completed before you can submit the form.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
Please keep visiting the NCET 2021 official website for latest updates.
NCET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Preparation for the Exam Day
- The Admit card should be downloaded and printed immediately.
- A few copies of the Admit Card should be kept in reserve as these are also used at the time of admission and counselling.
- Documents to be taken to the Exam centre should be kept ready.
- Stationary related articles as mentioned should be kept ready.
- Dress related details will also be provided in the prospectus as well as with the admit card and should be followed.
- Items not to be taken to the Exam centre or barred should be noted.
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the Centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall before the expiry of half of the time allotted for the respective paper.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to the expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to the cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
The Admit Card can be downloaded from the official site. Once it is downloaded it should be printed. Instructions on the Admit Card should be read carefully as very important details may be provided along with the Admit Card. Following information is provided with the admit card:
- Roll Number
- Name and place along with the address of the Exam or Test Centre
- Copy of the passport sized photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre.
- Information is also provided about the identity related documents to be taken to the Exam centre.
- These may include Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, voter card etc. The chosen identity related documents should be readied.
- Instructions will also be provided about any other document required.
- Instructions about any photocopying documents will also be provided.
- Stationary related information is also provided with the Admit Card.
To get all details about NCET 2021
Result dates may be checked on the official webpage.