NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam 2022 or NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to B.Des., Bachelor of Fashion Technology, M.Des. and Master of Fashion Management. NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 is conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi.
NIFT Entrance Exam for the year 2022 has been announced by National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi and will be held on 06/02/2022. The application forms will be available from 03/12/2021 till 22/01/2022. The exam is in written mode. It is being conducted in English and Hindi languages. Admit card will be available from 29/01/2022. Result is expected to be announced on 09/03/2022.
To get all details about NIFT Entrance Exam 2022
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Conducting Body
National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Qualifying Age:
- Maximum age should be less than 24 years as on 1st August of the year of admission. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
- Educational qualification
- Passed the Plus 2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Passed the Plus 2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics and Mathematics.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics and Mathematics.
- Qualifying Age: No age limit
- Educational Qualification:
- M.Des / M.F.M:
- A Educational Qualification for Master’s Programme in Design- M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Application Form With Late Fee
|Admit Card Release Date
|NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about NIFT Entrance Exam 2022
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Prospectus
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form
Application Form Fee
- Non-Refundable Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) / GEN-EWS Category: Rs.2000/- through payment gateway
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Category: Rs.1000/-
through payment gateway
- Mode of Payment of application fee: Online Payment
Application Form Filling Instructions
- Students applying for the NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
- The submission is ONLINE only.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of NIFT Entrance Exam 2022:
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Scanned photograph in JPG format (Less than 200KB)
- Scanned signature in JPG format (Less than 100KB)
- Scanned copy of original document of Education qualification, Caste (If any) etc. All documents need to be uploaded in PDF format (Less than 500 kb each)
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards & Debit Cards Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-café.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form..
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the NIFT Entrance Exam 2022:
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Demand Draft
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable application fee) AND Window to edit /update the Application Form||From 18th January, 2022 till 22nd January, 2022|
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS STRUCTURE (FOR ALL UG AND
PG DESIGN Programmes)
|General Knowledge and
CREATIVE ABILITY TEST:
- This test is administered for both UG and PG Design
Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
- Candidates who try to disclose their identity by writing any
personal details or place any identification mark on the answer sheet shall be considered ‘DISQUALIFIED’ and the result of these candidates shall not be declared.
WRITTEN EXAMINATION STRUCTURE (FOR UG AND PG
Programmes OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY AND FOR MASTER OF FASHION MANAGEMENT)
GENERAL ABILITY TEST (GAT)
Ability & English
|Analytical & Logical
And Current Affairs
Components of the General Ability Test (for all programmes)
- Quantitative Ability:
- This sub-test is designed to test the
quantitative ability of the candidates. The subtest consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension:
- This subtest is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates
in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehend a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability:
- This sub-test is designed
to test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- This sub-test is
designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study:
- This sub-test is based on a situation of an
industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability
Short listed candidates from the written entrance examination are required to take the Situation test/ Group Discussion (GD) / Interview as applicable (except B.FTech)
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
|Admit Card Download Start Date
Admit Card Download Url
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre:
Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone / calculator /watch/any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
After entering the centre:
Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about NIFT Entrance Exam 2022
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Results
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||Mid-March, 2022|
|Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April 2022|
|Last date for online registration for foreign nationals/SAARC/NRI/OCI||30th April 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May, 2022|