NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 or NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to Ph.D.. NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 is conducted by National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar.
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance for the year 2020 has been announced by National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar and will be held on 24/02/2020. The application forms will be available from 01/10/2019 till 31/10/2019. The exam is in written mode. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Conducting Body
National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|Biological Sciences||60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M. Tech in any branches of
Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural
Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics
and Biotechnology. Students with Master's degree in Physics,
Chemistry or Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in
Biology are also encouraged to apply.
|Chemical Sciences||60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry
fields. Student with Master's degree in any branches of Basic
Sciences with Undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as
one of the subjects) or M.Tech in Applied Chemistry or M. Tech in
Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry
are also encouraged to apply.
|Computer Sciences||60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science, Electrical,
Electronics Engineering or related fields, or Mathematics.
|Humanities and Social Sciences||55% or equivalent GPA in Masters in English / Psychology
|Physical Sciences||60% or equivalent GPA in Master's degree majoring in Physics or
M.E. / M.Tech in Applied Physics.
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Exam Centers
Tentative Date of Offline Exam
29 Nov 2019 to 12 Dec 2019
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
11:55 pm |
|NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Exam Date||
29 Nov 2019 to 12 Dec 2019 |
To get all details about NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Prospectus
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing Ph.D program.
Candidates should have qualified at least one of the national level written examinations i.e.
CSIR - UGC - NET / GATE / GPAT / DBT / ICMW JEST / JGEEBILS / ICSSR or any other national level written examinations valid for the academic year 2019 - 2020. As per HBNI Ordinance, student having DST INSPIRE Doctoral Fellowship ONLY, without qualifying any such national level written examination will not be considered for admission to Ph.D program in NISER.
- The cut off marks for national level examinations such as GATE / JEST / CSIR - UGC - NET
etc. will be decided separately by each School for the relevant subject area.
- Those who have appeared for CSIR - UGC - NET examination held in June 2019 and
awaiting results may also apply. However, such candidates, if shortlisted have to produce the qualifying mark statement of CSIR - UGC - NET examination on the date of Ph.D written test/interview, failing which his/her candidature will be rejected automatically.
- Candidates with GPA in qualifying degree may need to produce the conversion note (in
case it is not mentioned in their mark sheet) from their institution towards calculation of percentage.
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Application Form
Application Form Filling Instructions
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates
should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application
forms for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the referees on
the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview. The format of the
- reference letter is available here.
NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D program.
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading :
- Your passport size photograph as a JPEG file.
- Your signature as a JPEG file.
- Birth Certificate/ 10th pass certificate in support of date of birth as a PDF file.
- Certificate in support of category (SC / ST), only if applicable
- Certificate and mark sheets in support of passing qualifying examination i.e Master's degree.
- In case the original pass certificate is not issued by University then a certificate from the
University on its letter head with seal of the concerned authority certifying the completion of degree should be submitted.
- Certificate/document in support of qualifying national level written examination(s) viz.
- CSIR - UGC - NET / GATE / GPAT / DBT / ICMR / JEST or any other as applicable.
- Candidates who have appeared CSIR - UGC - NET exam held in June 2019, and awaiting the
result are required to upload the CSIR - UGC - NET admit card at the time of submission of online application.
List of short - listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by
- Address for communication and more details
Faculty - In Charge (Academic Affairs),
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
P.O. - Jatni, Dist - Khurda, Odisha - 752050
Phone: 0674 - 2494013, Fax - 0674 - 2494004
NISER, Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Entrance 2020 Results
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among
those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test,
if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record, performance of the candidates in the selection process and
availability of fellowship from the institute and/or external funding agencies, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the test/interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper
class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (like railway ticket etc.) in support of their claim.