The candidates seeking admission in the 1st year of Degree Programme leading to Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) shall have passed the HSC examination (10+2) or any other recognized examination considered as equivalent by Nirma University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
The candidates holding 10+3 year Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education or any other board/university as considered equivalent by Nirma University, with minimum 50% aggregate marks will also be considered eligible.
- Students who have passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2019, or appearing in 2020, in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply for admission 2020.
However the above prescribe eligibility pertaining to % of marks will be applicable for the admission
- The selection process of Admission to the Bachelor of Design Programme consists of the following stages:
UCEED 2020 Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design conducted by IIT, Bombay
Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at Nirma University, is done through the shared results of the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) conducted by IIT Bombay, the organizing institute of the UCEED exam.
Students who have passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2019, or appearing in 2020, in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities) are eligible to appear for UCEED 2020. For more details please visit the website http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2020/index.html
Determination of merit for admission to the B.Des. Programme will be as under:
|Bachelor of Design, Admissions 2020-21||Maximum|
|UCEED Part (A) Test score (to be obtained from IIT Mumbai) ||50%
|Situation test (to be conducted by Department of Design, Nirma University, Ahmedabad) ||30%|
|Personal Interview at Nirma University, Ahmedabad ||20%
- The applicants are required to appear in the Situation Test to be conducted by the Department of Design, Nirma University. The test will be held between 25th to 29th April, 2020 at Ahmedabad, in the Nirma University Campus.
The applicants shortlisted by the Admissions Committee, Department of Design, on the basis of their performance in the UCEED Test will be invited for a Situation Test & Personal Interview.
- The Situation Test will evaluate the design aptitude of applicants with the objective of measuring their skills in 2D and 3D visualization, creativity, handling of materials and dexterity.
- Personal Interview of candidates will evaluate general awareness, aptitudes and interests, quality of responses to social and cultural issues etc. Candidates ability to articulate their thoughts through creative work done by the student (such as drawings, paintings, photographs, films/videos made by the student, craft work, project work, models, written work such as articles, stories, essays, poems, etc.) may be shown to the Interview panel. Please limit your portfolio to a maximum of 20 works in total. *Additionally, the applicant shall present the necessary original documents for verification. (Do keep two sets of photocopies of original documents).
- NRI students who have passed their qualifying examination from outside India will be exempted from giving the entrance test conducted by UCEED and Nirma University. Their evaluation for merit will be based on the minimum qualifying marks as per Nirma University rules of higher secondary education or equivalent exam of the country of residence, skype interview, two letters of recommendation from senior school teachers and portfolio shared through email.
* NOTE: Applicants not present on the scheduled date and time of the Situation test and /or for the Personal interview will forfeit their chance for admission to the programme.