Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) was established in the year 1970 and is located in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses under different departments affiliated to the university. Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) is a doctorate research programme that concentrates more on research resources and study than the normal academic programme. Numerous specialisations are available in the Ph.D. courses for different kinds of streams like arts, science, engineering, management, law commerce, mass communication and much more. Admissions to these courses are held through the entrance tests conducted by the university. To know more about the admission details into the different Ph.D. courses under the university, you may visit this article.(*This article might contain information based on the previous academic years, and the official notification shall be soon updated and issued by the university).
|YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT/TYPES||1970/STATE|
|COURSES OFFERED BY THE UNIVERSITY||UG, PG, AND DOCTORAL|
|CRITERIA OF ADMISSION||MERIT AND ENTRANCE BASED|
|ACCEPTED SCORES IN EXAMS||HPU MAT, UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST, NEET-UG, AND AIAPGET|
|PROCESS OF APPLICATION||ONLINE|
NAME OF Ph.D. COURSES/SPECIALISATIONS PROVIDED BY THE UNIVERSITY
|Ph. D. Mathematics||Ph.D. Journalism|
|Ph.D. Physics||Ph.D. Tourism|
|Ph.D. Computer Science||Ph.D. Management|
|Ph.D. Education||Ph.D. Economics|
|Ph.D. Law||Ph.D. Commerce|
|Ph.D. Public Administration||Ph.D. Visual Arts|
Ph.D. Rural Development
Ph.D. Environmental Studies.
HPU ENTRANCE EXAM Ph.D. 2021 EXAM DATES
Himachal Pradesh University Entrance Exam for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) 2021 shall be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University. These dates are tentative, yet the official date and the notification regarding the filling up of application forms and the entrance exam for getting admission into Ph.D. 2021 will be updated on the official website of the university. (www.admissions.hpushimla.in or www.hpuniv.ac.in )
|RELEASING OF APPLICATION FORM||MAY 2021|
|LAST DATE TO SUBMIT THE FORM||JUNE 2021|
|ISSUING OF ADMIT CARD||JUNE 2021|
|ENTRANCE EXAMINATION||JUNE 2021|
|RESULT RELEASING||JUNE 2021|
· Candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s Degree or a professional Degree declared equivalent to Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
· A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD and other categories as per the decision of the university from time to time.
· The eligibility marks of 55% and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks.
EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
The eligible candidates will have to appear in the Entrance Test of 80 marks. The pattern and the syllabus shall be updated soon by the University on its official website.
The weight-age shall be accorded as follows:
|UGC-NET/ GATE QUALIFIED STUDENTS||20 MARKS|
|SLET QUALIFIED CANDIDATES||15 MARKS|
|THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE QUALIFIED M.PhIl/LL.M/M.Tech. from HP. UNIVERSITY||10 MARKS|
Ph.D. FEE STRUCTURE
The fee structure shall be updated though at the time of admission on the official website.
|Ph.D. COURSE NAME/SPECIALISATION||FEE(Rs)|
|INSTITUTE OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES||3,240|
*HPU FEE STRUCTURE 2021-22
|COURSE NAME||FEE STRUCTURE||DURATION|
|Ph.D.||2,700/Year||3 Years Full Time|
HOW TO FILL UP THE APPLICATION FORM?
Follow the steps for smooth and successful filling up of the admission form:
· Before proceeding to apply, the candidate’s must ensure to have with them:
· Scanned copy of applicant’s recent photograph with specifications which includes that the photograph should be in formals, must be a passport size colour picture, must be in full face facing and looking into the camera, photograph should have no shadows and red eyes, must be pretty clear, Maximum size should be 100Kb, the format should be jpg or jpeg only and the file name should be maximum of 10 characters.
· Scanned copy of the applicant’s signature which includes the following specifications like the signature should be in black ink and must be scanned, the signature must be only of the applicant and not signed by any other person, maximum size is 100kb, the format should be in jpg or jpeg only and the file name should have a maximum of 10 characters.
· Scanned copy of guardian’s (father/mother) signature with the same mentioned specifications as mentioned above for the applicant.
· Candidates must have a valid email Id or in case they don’t have one, they need to create their email Id.
· The candidate must give a mobile number for further contact and basic details, in case they don’t have a mobile number they can register with their guardian’s number for further procedures.
· For filling up the online application form:
· Click on Ph.D. to access the list of courses.
· Select the course or the program.
· A pdf file will pop -up, the candidates are required to go through it.
· Fill in the personal information first. At the end of the page, the system shall generate the unique registration number along with password. The unique registration number along with the password shall be sent to the registered email and mobile number. The registration number shall be noted down by the candidate for further reference.
· Proceed to fill in all the information required in different sectors like Education and Document Details.
· Upload the entire necessary document as per specifications mentioned.
· To save the data please click on the ‘continue and Save’ button at the bottom.
· Proceed next to pay the online application fee.
APPLICATION FEE PROCEDURE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT ONLINE
· Click on ‘Make Payment’.
(The application fee shall be updated on the website soon)
· Proceed to choose your payment gateway-Choose HDFC/COOPERATIVE BANK.
· Click on “Continue for Payment’.
· Choose the options given to pay the fee whether by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking etc.
· Fill the required card details carefully while making the payment and do not press the refresh or back button while making the payment.
· After successfully making the payment, the candidate will receive a success message with all the details. The candidate then can proceed to ‘Click here to go to the final submit page’, too finally submit the application.
· Click on the submit Application form to make the completion of the application form and the payment a success for the candidate.
*All the details must be correctly filled in before final submission of the form.
More information regarding the reservation and percentage of seats reserved shall be announced by the University at the time of admission.
HPU Result for Entrance Exams are announced online on the official website of the university. Follow the steps to check the result online:
· Candidates have to visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh University.
· Click on the “Results” link.
· Select the direct link to check the result for all courses.
· Select the course from the list of programmes.
· Select the criteria either by name or roll number.
· Enter the required details.
· Download the result.
· Adapt the syllabus and the exam pattern and be well- versed with the preparation. Majority of Ph.D. exams comprises two papers- I and II.
· Practicing mock tests and attempting past year’s papers can help the candidates with the real look and feel of the exam.
· Choose books with lots of previous years question papers, books by renowned authors and books of the updated version by checking the edition of the book and the year of publication.
FAQs RELATING TO HPU Ph.D. ENTRANCE EXAM
Q: How many Ph.D. courses are offered by the university?
A: HPU offers Ph.D. in 14 different specialisations.
Q: What is the amount for filling up the application form?
A: The amount shall be updated at the time of admission by the University.
Q: What is the Eligibility Criteria for other categories like SC/ST to get admissions into HPU?
A: A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD and other categories as per the decision of the university from time to time.
Q: Is the date for the entrance exam updated?
A: No, the date shall be updated; candidates must check the official website of the university.
Q: Can you tell me the total marks of the Entrance test?
A: The entrance exam shall be of 80 marks. This answer is provided on last year’s basis, the official notification shall be updated on the official website of the university.
By Tunisha Banerjee