SNAP is a short form used for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test. It is a National Level management entrance examination that is conducted by the Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. There are 15 Symbiosis B-schools, all of which are affiliated with Symbiosis International University. Students who want to get admission to any of these schools need to give the SNAP exam. This is an online test and is conducted in various centres. This exam is conducted once a year by MBA applicants across the country. This exam has official recognition from UGC and the AICTE. SIU has received Grade A from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). SIU has 28 academic institutions in total spread all over 10 locations.
· Exam Full Name- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
· Exam Mode- Online
· MBA Colleges under SNAP- 15 Symbiosis Institutes
· Exam Fee- Rs. 1750
· Total Questions asked in the exam- 60
· Time Duration- 1 Hour
· SNAP 2021 Exam Centres- 94
SNAP 2021 consists of a wide range of parameters which are mode of the entrance test, duration of the examination, the total number of sections, mode of the test, marking schemes, and many more such details regarding the exam.
Students who have applied for the paper need to go through the format and syllabus of the exam beforehand. They can get admission only after clearing the SNAP exam.
Syllabus of SNAP 2021
SNAP exam is similar to any other MBA entrance exam conducted by various institutes. And consists of 3 sections. The sections include
· General English
This section includes English Language Skills, vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension. Students need to practice Filling in the blanks, Verbal reasoning, Sentence Correction, Synonyms and Antonyms, sentence correction, idioms, and phrases, etc.
· Analytical and Logical Reasoning
This section includes the reasoning questions about Science, Finance, Geography, Politics, Automobiles, Science, International Organizations, History, Quotations, etc.
· Quantitative Data interpretation and Data Sufficiency
This section includes the overall conceptual knowledge of Mathematics. Aspirants need to study HCF and LCM, Number System, Work and Time, Averages, Mensuration, Percentages, Compound Interest, Percentages, Simple Interest, Ratios, Profit and Loss, Venn Diagram, etc.
Exam Pattern of SNAP 2021
· The exam pattern of SNAP has been changed this year. Therefore students should start practising the questions according to the changed pattern. The exam is conducted in an online mode.
· The applicants will be evaluated in the entrance test based on a total of 60 marks.
· There will be a total of 3 sections that consist of General English, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency in the question paper.
· General English will be split into some subsections such as Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning along with verbal ability.
· For each correct answer candidates will get 1 mark and on the contrary, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer as a negative marking.
· 0 marks will be awarded to the unanswered questions as per the SNAP Exam Entrance 2021.
· The time allotted to complete the questions will be 1 hour.
· All the questions will be in the format of Multiple Choice only.
· SNAP 2021 is a computer-based test. Earlier it used to be conducted in offline mode but now it is done through online mode.
· There will be 20 questions each under the section of Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, and Data Sufficiency whereas the section of Analytical and Logical Reasoning contains 25 questions in total. The section of General English consists of 15 questions.
· The students will have to attend 5 special questions from all the 3 sections that are mentioned above.
SNAP 2021 Cutoff Marking Pattern and Options
· The cutoff for SNAP varies every year. Students need to keep a check on the cut-off list of the exam.
· No step marks or any other extra marks will be given to any of the candidates.
· The candidates need to select only one answer and not more than that as a correct answer and submit.
Preparation Tips for SNAP 2021
· It is not very difficult to prepare for this exam. Students need to focus on the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
· They should practice the given sample papers and past year exams to increase their scores. They should complete the exam within a given time limit only and practice accordingly.
· Aspirants need to prepare section-wise questions. It is better to practice as many questions as possible. So that all the concepts should be on their tips before the final exam.
By Swaranshi Chhabra