The National Testing Agency or NTA has revealed an official notice on September 3rd this year (2019) regarding the latest changes that can be seen in the JEE Main Exams 2020. The future pattern of the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) will include certain specific points like:
- As opposed to the earlier form where the examination mainly comprised of Papers 1 which was for the admission tests for the B. Tech courses and Paper 2 that was for candidates for B. Arch/B. Planning program, now there will be a different paper for students who are looking for admission in B. Planning program, through the main JEE Exam.
- There will be changes in the number of questions with addition of new types of questions and an increase in the fee of application.
- The JEE Main 2020 exams will be conducted through a computer oriented mode with an exception for B. Arch and drawing tests.
- The Admit card for the JEE Main 2020 will be made available for the candidates from 6th December, this year online. The results for the January session shall be out on 31st of January 2020.
- The JEE Main Exams 2020 will see the introduction of numerical answer type of questions in addition to the multiple choice questions.
- The marks allotted for the subject wise questions will be reduced to 25 from the earlier bracket of 30. Further if a student scores 4 marks for every correct answer one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer, only for the multiple choice questions. Unanswered questions will not lead to loss of marks. There shall be no negative marking for numerical value questions.