NEET 2021 Exam Notification and Dates
NEET 2021 Application Form - NTA (National Testing Agency) is the agency that is liable for organizing the NEET entrance test. It's a national level entrance test conducted for admission into MBBS /BDS courses. Admission is going to be provided to the applicants who will successfully secure the qualifying marks in the entrance test. Qualifying applicants are going to be eligible for admission into various medical institutions situated within the country. In this article, we are providing the complete details of the NEET 2021 application form, fees, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, counseling, etc.
NEET 2021 Exam Dates
|Release of Application||13/07/2021|
|Last date of application process||06/08/2021|
|Correction window opens||08/08/2021|
|Correction window close||12/08/2021|
|Availability of Admit card||09/09/2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||12/09/2021|
|Availability of Answer key||To Be Announced|
|Declaration of Result||To Be Announced|
|Starting of Counselling||To Be Announced|
NEET 2021 Application Form
Know the complete details related to NEET 2021 Application Form in the below-given section:
- NEET 2021 Application procedure will be completely carried out through the online mode. No other mode for application will be entertained.
- Applicants are advised to submit only one application form as multiple application submission may lead to rejection of the form.
- Applicants at the time of registration are instructed to register with their valid Email-id and mobile number as all the communication or other details will be sent to it.
- The application process will go through various steps – Online registration, filling up of details in the application, uploading of scanned image of photograph & signature, making payment of application fee and printing of application & fee payment receipt.
- Applicants, who have been making mistakes while filling the application form of NEET, will be able to make corrections in the details of application from 08/08/2021 to 12/08/2021.
- Sending a printed application form to the board will not be required.
Also See: MBBS Admissions in India
NEET Application Fee:
Payment Mode: NEET 2021 Application fee payment can be done through online and offline mode. For online mode, it will be possible through debit/ credit card or net banking method. For offline mode, fee payment will be possible through the SBI E-challan facility at any SBI branch.
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs.800/-|
NEET 2021 Application Correction
- The applicants of NEET 2021 will be able to make corrections in the NEET application form. The correction will be possible from 08/08/2021 to 12/08/2021.. Students will be able to make corrections through online mode.
- The correction in the details of the application will be allowed only in some of the fields. The complete details related to editable and non-editable fields will be informed by the applicants on the website. Also, applicants will be informed regarding correction on their email-id and phone number through SMS.
Also See: Dental Courses
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should check the complete details related to NEET Eligibility in the below-given section before applying for it:
- Applicants who are Indian Nationals/ PIO/ NRIs/ OCI/ Foreign nationals are eligible to apply through NEET for admission in various Medical/ Dental institutions as per the framed regulations.
- Foreign nationals are required to confirm their eligibility clauses from respective Medical or Dental College of the state.
- Jammu and Kashmir migrants are eligible to apply under the 15 percent All India Quota only through a self-declaration basis.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age during admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with a
relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and
- Qualifying Exam: Students should have passed the 12th level or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Students should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects in 12th
- Qualifying Marks: applicants in the 10+2 level should have obtained 50% marks taken together in PCB. Those who belong to the unreserved/ ST/SC/OBC category should have obtained 40% marks and for PWD applicants, it is 40% marks.
- Foreign nationals: Students who have been educated abroad and are planning to take admission in medical colleges of India should have passed their 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology & English subjects with 50% marks recognized by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Appearing: Students appearing in the 12th level exams will be also eligible to apply for NEET.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can know details about NEET Exam pattern in the below-given section:
- Mode of Paper: The NEET 2021 paper will be held in offline – Pen and paper mode.
- Language: Paper will be available in various languages – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Type of Questions: The paper will have objective type of questions.
- Number of questions: There will be a total of 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The entrance exam will be of a total of 720 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Also See: Why the NEET Exam is Necessary?
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The NEET Syllabus 2021 will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Students will be able to prepare for the entrance test from Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects studied in 11th and 12th level.
Below applicants can check some of the important topics that may be included in the NEET paper:
Physics: It will contain Laws of Motion, Electromagnetic Waves, Electrostatic, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Electronic Devices, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Properties of Bulk Matter, etc.
Chemistry: Some topics will be some basic concepts of chemistry, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, Alcohol, Electro Chemistry, P-Block Elements, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Phenols, and Ethers, etc.
Biology: Some basic topics will be Human Physiology, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Ecology & Environment, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
Students will be able to download NEET 2021 admit cards from 09/09/2021.. NEET admit card can be downloaded by online mode from the NTA website. The admit card will not be provided to the students by post and can only be obtained by entering their login details.
The copy of the admit card in PDF format will be also sent to the applicants in their registered mail id. Students should also check complete details present in the admit card to be true and accurate. In case of a mistake in any of the details present in the admit card, students must contact officials to get it corrected before the exam date.
Also See: How to prepare for NEET Exam
NEET 2021 Result
To get NEET Result 2021, students will be required to enter their login details – Roll number & date of birth. The result will be prepared and published on the basis of the revised answer key released by the authority.
Category wise result sheets will not be prepared and published on the website. Also, the authority will not be responsible for providing the result through offline mode. After the result will be displayed online students must print it for further use in the admission procedure.
NEET 2021 Counselling
The counseling of NEET is organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and MOHFW (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare). Centralized counselling is organized every year by MCC for the NEET qualified applicants.
In the counselling process, students will have to register for counselling, make choice and lock it, allotment of seats and report at the allotted college. Students also have to submit their original /photocopies of documents or certificates.
These documents are:
- 10th and 12th Passing Certificate
- Mark Sheets
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Eight Passport size photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof, etc. "This article was updated on 13th July, 2021"