HOW TO OBTAIN AND FILL THE APPLICATION FORM
The prescribed Application Forms and the Guide to Admissions containing details of courses are available on the following website: www.amucontrollerexams.com
The application Form is to be filled ONLINE, i.e. the candidates have to fill the Application Form directly on the website.
- Before filling up the Application Form, candidates are required to read instructions carefully given in every step as available in the online portal.
- Candidates have to fill the Application Form directly on the website and make online payment. (There is no need to submit the physical copy of the Application Form)
- Details of Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges: Details about the Test Fee / Processing charges is available on the relevant pages in this Guide, Only Online payment mode is available for depositing the Test Fee / Processing charges. The online payment detail will automatically be posted in the respective column of the Application form. The Physically Challenged candidates having 40% disability are exempted from the Processing Charges / Test Fee, however the candidates will have to produce relevant document in support of their claim else their candidature is likely to be rejected at any time.
BASIC STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED IN ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Registering as a new user:
- The candidate should register online and provide his / her correct and functional email because the username and password etc. will be sent on this email.
- Please note every candidate will register separately and will get his / her username and password to access his / her Dashboard for filling as well as tracking the form(s).
- Only Single Registration is sufficient for applying to the multiple courses by a candidate.
Signing in to a registered account:
- The candidate shall login using his / her username and password. Dashboard of the candidate will be available to him / her for filling the form.
- In case the candidate has lost / forgot his / her password, Forgot Password link should be used to get the same on the registered email.
Updating Profile of the Candidate:
- The candidate should fill his / her Profile carefully. Fields marked with asterisk are mandatory.
- After saving the Profile, the candidate will be asked to review and confirm that the particulars entered are correct.
- Candidate will not be able to Edit / Update his / her Profile after confirmation.
- If a candidate finds any mistake in his / her Profile after confirmation, then he / she will have to re-register with different Username and Password to complete all the entries afresh.
Updating Educational Qualification of the candidate:
- Candidate should fill details of his / her educational qualifications by providing the name of all examinations passed, including qualifying examination, year of passing, Examination Roll No., University / Board from where passed, and the percentage / CGPA obtained.
- If the result of examination (including qualifying examination) is awaited, fill in all the columns except marks column and write "RA" in Results column.
Uploading Photo, Signature & Thumb Impression of the candidate:
- Candidate should have scanned copy of his / her latest front facing good quality colored Photo with white background, signature & Thumb Impression (Left Thumb Impression only) in JPG / JPEG format ONLY for uploading on the website.
- Canddate should not upload the photo, signature or thumb impression of any other person as any mismatch may result in cancellation of his / her Application / Admission at any stage, even if he / she qualified for admission. (Note: Signature establishes the identity of the candidate. Hence, the candidate should not merely write his / her name in capital letters. This may lead to rejection of his / her application.)
- Please note that file extension names such as filename .BMP, filename .PNG, or filename. TIFF are not acceptable. Candidates are advised not to rename files with BMP / PNG / TIFF / etc. to JPG / JPEG. If file is not in JPG or JPEG format convert them to JPG / JPEG format using appropriate software (e.g, Paint) instead of just renaming the file extension.
- The size of images must not exceed 40 KB.
- Candidate will ensure to keep 10 hard copies of the uploaded photo with him / her as the same will be needed at the time of admission, if the candidate is selected.
Special categories claimed by the candidate:
- Eligible candidate may select any applicable special category if he / she wishes to be considered for admission / nomination under that category. For details refer to Table-III
- The candidate should follow the step-wise instruction as they appear in the selection of categories upto a maximum of 3 categories per Application Form.
- Candidate will have no right to be considered for admission / nomination under a special category if the same is not claimed in the Application Form.
- It is mandatory to select "NO" if the candidate does not belong to any Special Category.
- It is to be noted that all such candidates will be required to produce necessary documentary proof in support of special categories claimed if offered admission.
Documents to be uploaded by the candidate:
- Scanned copy of date of birth certificate / High School Certificate of the candidate.
- Scanned copy of Marks-sheet / grade-sheet of qualifying examination. (If the Marks-sheet / grade-sheet of qualifying examination is not available, the Marks-sheet / grade-sheet passed in the preceding year should be uploaded)
- Scanned copy of documents in support of claim under special category, if any.
- Scanned copy of valid GATE Score Card (applicable only for candidates applying for admission to M.Tech. courses in the Faculty of Engineering & Technology).
- Scanned copy of documents in support of Professional Experience, if any (applicable only for candidates applying for admission to B.E course in the Faculty of Engineering & Technology).
- Scanned copy of No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed at present. Note: It is to be ensured that all documents should be uploaded in JPG / JPEG format only and their individual size should lie between 200KB to 2MB.
Applying for a course / class and making payment:
This step has two components- Application & Payment:
- Filling specific Application details for respective course and
- Payment of Test fee / Processing charges online. It is to be noted that both components of this Step must be completed in one go otherwise the application will stand incomplete and applicants will have to re-apply this Step.
- Candidate must ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the Course of study for which application is being submitted as the Test Fee / Processing charges are nonrefundable.
- Test fee / Processing fee is to be paid ONLINE only. The candidate should keep ready his / her Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card details and follow the instructions available on the website to make payment. It is to be ensured that correct amount of processing charges is displayed on the generated PDF. If not then follow Refresh Payment by visiting the Dashboard / Home menu and generate the PDF again with correct amount.
- No corrections are allowed after submission of online forms. In case corrections is necessary such candidates may create new user login and fill the form again and pay the processing charges as usual.
Application Forms may be rejected
- Submitted incomplete.
- Not submitted on prescribed form
- Submitted without requisite fee
- Submitted after the last date