NIMCET 2021 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2021 or NIMCET 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to MCA. NIMCET 2021 is conducted by National Institute Of Technology Raipur.
NIMCET for the year 2021 has been announced by National Institute Of Technology Raipur and will be held on 23/05/2021. The application forms will be available from 11/03/2021 till 07/04/2021. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 15/05/2021. Result is expected to be announced on 08/06/2021.
To get all details about NIMCET 2021
NIMCET 2021 Conducting Body
National Institute Of Technology Raipur
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: The Minimum Academic Qualifications for NIMCET 2021 required
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST/PwD) in
- B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications)/ BBA (Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time programme from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
- B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University
NIMCET 2021 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|NIMCET 2021 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about NIMCET 2021
NIMCET 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|OPEN / OPEN-EWS / OBC category||Rs. 2,500/-|
|SC / ST / PwD category||Rs. 1,250/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the NIMCET 2021 have to fill up the application form on the official site. A student can submit the application only once; multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of NIMCET 2021:
PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards and Debit Cards Service is a must.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill-up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the NIMCET 2021:
Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Cards/ Debit Cards / Net Banking.
Documents (Soft Copies) needed for completing the registration are:
- Soft copy of a recent passport size photograph (of size between 50 KB and 1 MB)
- Soft copy of the signature (in Royal Blue/ Black colour only and of size between 50 KB and 1 MB)
- All the mark sheets/ grade cards and the certificates in pdf format (duly self-attested and scanned) (max. size 1 MB each)
- A valid proof of Identity in pdf format [such as Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Voter ID Card/ Driving License] (max. size 1 MB each)
MATHEMATICS: (50 questions):
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.\
ANALYTICAL ABILITY & LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions):
- The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions):
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions):
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
The Subjects included for NIMCET 2021 Exam are:
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
- General English
NIMCET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone / calculator /watch/any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the
To get all details about NIMCET 2021
Individual College/University Counselling