West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2022 or WB SET 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to SET. WB SET 2022 is conducted by West Bengal College Service Commission.
WB SET for the year 2022 has been announced by West Bengal College Service Commission and will be held on 09/01/2022. The application forms will be available from 16/08/2021 till 16/09/2021. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 15/12/2021. Result is expected to be announced on 01/04/2022.
To get all details about WB SET 2022
WB SET 2022 Conducting Body
West Bengal College Service Commission
WB SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: The Minimum Academic Qualifications for WB SET 2022 required are
- General/EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/ Scheduled Caste(SC) /Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD)/ Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they (General/EWS) have passed their Master's Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-creamy layer /SC/ST/PWD (persons with disability)/Transgender category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ST/PWD categories. The subject - wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are required to appear for WB –SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of WB-SET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET/Joint CSIR-UGC Test which is held twice a year.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the
relevant Government Order will be applicable.
WB SET 2022 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|WB SET 2022 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about WB SET 2022
WB SET 2022 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|Other Backward Classes (Noncreamy layer) EWS||Rs. 600/-|
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgender||Rs. 300/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the WB SET 2022 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
- The submission is ONLINE only.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of WB SET 2022
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Soft copy of candidate’s coloured passport size photograph (Maximum 04kb / 40KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format with White Background.
- Soft copy of candidate’s signature (Maximum 04kb / 30 KB in size) in JPG / JPEG format.
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards & Debit Cards Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-café.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the WB SET 2022
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Demand Draft.
|Session ||Paper||Marks ||Number of Question ||Duration|
|First||I||100 ||50 questions, all are
compulsory||1 Hour (09:30 amto 10:30 am) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions, all are
compulsory||2 Hours (11:00 am to 01:00 pm) IST|
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- ELECTRONIC SCIENCE
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- HOME SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION & JOURNALISM
- EARTH, ATMOSPHERE, OCEAN & PLANETARY SCIENCES
Candidates are required to appear for WB –SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of WB-SET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET/Joint CSIR-UGC Test which is held twice a year.
WB SET 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session.
- Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set / scanner / camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about WB SET 2022