KSET 2021 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2021 or KSET 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to SET. KSET 2021 is conducted by University of Mysore.
KSET for the year 2021 has been announced by University of Mysore and will be held on 25/07/2021. The application forms will be available from 08/02/2021 till 20/03/2021. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Result is expected to be announced on 02/11/2021.
To get all details about KSET 2021
KSET 2021 Conducting Body
University of Mysore
KSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general
category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST),Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in
the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or
equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master’s Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST,OBC i.e., Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified
- Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in
case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET
subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th
September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a
relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their reservation status in
the online application form. The category certificates issued by the competent authorities on or before the last date for submission of online application form.[for SC, ST, CAT-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates only]. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET authority at any stage, their candidature
will be cancelled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
- The candidates of other states except Karnataka, belonging to OBCs (SC, ST & Other
Backward Classes) categories shall be treated as General Merit [GM] only. As per the reservation policy of Karnataka Government.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission
to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
- Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in
the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on same subject in current KSET, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute
or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in
- their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with
Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
AGE Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2021.
KSET 2021 Important Dates
|Application Form With Late Fee
|KSET 2021 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about KSET 2021
KSET 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||Rs. 950/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||Rs. 650/-|
Late fee of Rs.250/-has to be paid by candidates who apply online applications after the
Mode of payment:
By clicking on the Payment button at KSET site, select the payment category (General/Cat
IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB/ Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD) and enter the data in all the fields available carefully. Verify the details entered and amount to be paid and proceed to make payment via State Bank MOPS (Multi Option Payment System).
- All banks Internet Banking
- All banks Debit Card
- All banks Credit Card
- State bank Buddy e-Wallet Payment
- Cash payment can be done by clicking SBI branch, challan can be generated online
and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India (Cash/only SBI cheques are accepted).
Application Form Filling Instructions
Candidates should register (sign up for registration) giving required E-mail id & password.
Candidates then proceed to give their personal, educational and KSET exam details, while mentioning their educational qualification they should mention their PG course as Passed or
appearing as the case may be.
- Note: Candidate should note down and remember their E-mail ID and Password tills the
announcement of final results of KSET 2021
Note: Scanned copies must be in JPEG format only. The online application system will
not allow to upload files smaller/larger than the mentioned sizes.
- Before proceeding to apply Candidates must possess a scanned
passport size photo in JPEG format (10 kb to 100 kb).
- The size photograph is to be used for uploading on Online Application Form and also for
pasting on Attendance Sheet at the examination center.
- The Scanned Signature must be between 5 kb to 30kb.The candidates are required to upload the full signature in running hand writing in the appropriate box given in the online application form. Writing full name in the box in Capital letters would not be accepted as signature and the Application Form would be rejected. Further, unsigned Online Application Forms will also be rejected.
- The candidate should put his full signature on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
Candidate's Name / Mother's Name/ Father's Name:
- Provide Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School
Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate in Capital letters.
Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy):
- Provide Candidate’s date of birth as recorded in Secondary School Examination or
equivalent Board/ University Certificate
Mobile Number and e-mail Address:
- Candidates must provide own Mobile Number and e-mail address. The e-mail id and mobile
number that you enter in the registration form
- Only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application.
- Payments towards KSET fee including bank charges must be deposited to KSET account
through KSET website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India branch.
Last date for submission of hard copy of the Application form along with Attendance slip to the respective Nodal Centers Mon 22nd March 2021
NOTE: PRINTOUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SENT DIRECTLY TO THE KSET CENTER, MYSORE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
|Session||Max. Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||100||50 Compulsory questions||1 Hour (09:30 am to 10:30 am)|
|Second||200||100 Compulsory questions||2 Hours (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)|
Paper-I: Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The
questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the
candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent
thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II: Shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which
will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I and Paper – II on the
Optical Marks Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
KSET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
To get all details about KSET 2021