Candidates will be selected through a written test of two hour duration (two and a half hours for
Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
Eligibility for Admission:
- The application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme is to be made to the Registrar in the prescribed form.
- A person who has obtained Master's degree of at least two-year (or 4-Semester) duration, in any discipline, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (such as MBBS with Master’s Degree, MBA, MCA, MD) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, such as grade point of 6.25 in 10-point scale for Master’s in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Computer Application as per AICTE norms) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational
- Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or
authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be
allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A person who has obtained a Post-graduate Diploma/Degree of less than two years’ duration
from any University or Institution recognized by this University is eligible for application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme provided that such candidate has completed at least a total of five years’ of graduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university or Institution.
For more details: Click Here
The following documents should be attached with the application form:
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Attested copies of all mark-sheets and certificates, Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age, SC/ST/ OBC-A/OBC-B /PD certificate, where applicable. NET/SET certificate, if any.
- A candidate who has a two-year M.Phil. degree from any university other than Jadavpur University will be required to submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil course has been made through a written test and that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil course. Otherwise waiver from WRET and/or course-work shall not be granted.
- Online payment receipt downloaded from SBI server after online payment