The main course to join after class for a career in. nursing is BSc nursing. JENPAS UG is the exam held in West Bengal for the admissions to BSc course in Nursing. This exam is held and organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). Incidentally, this test also acts as the admission portal for the many more BSc courses in Colleges and Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
These other courses are:
- BSc Nursing (Bachelor of Nursing)
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)
- BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology)
- BSc CCT (BSc in Critical Care Technology)
- BSc OTT (BSc in Operation Theatre Technology)
- BSc PT (BSc in Perfusion Technology)
- BSc PA (BSc in Physician Assistant)
- BSc Electrophysiology (BSc in Electrophysiology)
- BSc RIS (BSc in Radiology and Imaging Sciences)
- BSc Dialysis (BSc in Dialysis)
Syllabus for JENPAS UG:
The entrance exam is structured on 11th and 12th standard syllabi of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and other equivalent recognised Board or Council.
Eligibility for JENPAS UG
- Indian citizenship
- Lower age limit is 17 years as on 31 December of the admission year.
- For nursing there is no upper age limit
- Minimum qualification is a pass in examination from any recognized Board/Council
- Minimum marks required are 45% for general category.
- Domicile Certificate is required for all seats available for BSc nursing in either government or private nursing college.
Details of JENPAS UG each year
- Usually this exam is held in the second week of May each year. Exact dates are given on the official site.
- It’s an annual Exam.
- Students are tested in Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences
- The test consists of two papers.
- One covers Physics & Chemistry
- Second covers Biological Sciences
- Each paper will contain 50 questions.
- Each paper is of 100 marks each.
- All questions are Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Time for each paper is 2 hours.
- The questions are in both English and Bengali language.
- There are four alternative answers for each question.
- Correct response will be of 2 marks.
Application and Exam Process:
Forms are available on the official site.
Application process is online.
Email id and a phone number is a must for the application process.
Scanned copies of passport size photo and signature are also required to fill up the form.
After filling of the form application fees has to be paid online.
A print out of the confirmation page after completion of application process is a must.
Admit card has to be downloaded on the designated day and printed.
Exam can be taken at the designated centres
Result is available online and ones Rank Card has to be downloaded.
Counselling and Seat Allotment
Course-wise and institute wise available seats will also be published before counselling and seat allotment.
Important Tentative Dates for JENPAS UG
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
|Application Form||Third week of January||Second week of February|
|Application Form Correction||Second week of February||Third week of February|
|Exam Date||Second week of May|
|Result Date||First week of June|
Synopsis of JENPAS UG Exam
Exam Mode Offline
Exam Type MCQ
Duration 120 minutes
Marking Correct response of two marks.
Negative Marking Incorrect response of -1/2 (25% negative)
Languages English and Bengali