BSc nursing admission protocol is very simple in Maharashtra. Students who want to join BSc Nursing will be required to fulfil the eligibility criteria, complete the application process on the official site ie https://www.mahacet.org/cetcell/
The process each year has been different last few years. For admissions in one of the BSc Nursing colleges in Maharashtra, students either have to sit for an entrance test conducted by the college or sit for a state-level or national-level entrance test, like NEET-UG 2020.
Maharashtra BSc Nursing Important Dates
NEET UG dates calendar will be followed. Once result is out, counselling dates will be announced on the official site.
Maharashtra B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria
- Must have cleared the class 12 board examinations from a recognised board of education
- Science streams, with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Minimum total score of 45% in the qualifying exam.
- Valid NEET score for admissions to the nursing courses.
Maharashtra BSc Nursing Application Process
To pursue a BSc Nursing course from one of the medical colleges in Maharashtra, candidates will have to complete the Maharashtra BSc Nursing application process. This can be done on the official website for Maharashtra CET Cell. The steps are:
- Visit mahacet.org or at ntaneet.nic.in
- Complete registration to the CET Cell to access the online application form.
- Download the Information Brochure pertaining to NEET-UG 2020
- Go through the information brochure.
- Now click on the application link on its website.
- Enter in all the details in the application form.
- Submit the form after all the requirements are fulfilled.
- Candidates will pay the application fee of ₹1,000 through the payment gateway provided by the cell.
- Take a printout of the payment receipt
- Verify the application process.
- Now download the application form
- Now upload the necessary documents.
Maharashtra BSc Nursing Selection and Counselling Process
The admissions to the BSc Nursing courses in Maharashtra are based on admission guidelines for NEET-UG 2020. Thus once the NEET UG result is announced, candidates will fill up the CET form for preference choice of the colleges.
- However, candidates are allowed to choose the preference list only after they appear for the physical verification of documents .
- A provisional merit list is released by the state CET cell of the eligible candidates.
- Then the candidates are selected based on their performance in NEET-UG along with the preference selected by the candidates.
- Counselling Sessions for BSc Nursing selection processes may be completed in two or more rounds.
- After the first round, candidates are not to fill in the online preference form, nor in the “Mop Up Round”.
- Once the candidate is ok with his/her seat in the college and course, a Status Retention Form, has to be submitted.
- If not, the candidate can opt out and wait for the next round of counselling.
Once selected, the student will pay the course fees and join the allotted college. There are plenty of colleges in Maharashtra offering BSc nursing course.
Further Reading :
- Top Maharashtra BSc Nursing Colleges
- Top Maharashtra Post Basic BSc Nursing Colleges