The ICSI CS is an entrance test conducted by the institution of company secretaries of India for admissions in CS executive courses. A company secretary is a senior position in any organisation, it is also known as compliance officer and corporate secretary. The job profile for the CS is mainly managing the administration of the company related to all the legal and all the people in the company following the law properly. ICSI is the statutory professional body that has more than 50,000 associate members.
- Registration start date – January session – 2022 (18 October 2021).
- Entrance exam date for January 22 session- 15 December 2021.
- Date of the exam- 8 January 2022.
- Date of result declaration- to be announced
- Exam name- CSEET
- Mode of exam- online and offline
- Language of the exam- English
- Number of centres all over India- 58
- Exam pattern- CBT and viva voice.
- Registration fee- INR 1000 only
Aspirants can visit its official sites for the latest notices and advertisement-related issues. The helpline desk with email id and phone number is also available on the sites for queries. Candidates should be updated with all the dates related to exams like registration, exam, and result.
- ICSI authority has released the eligibility criteria for the aspirants. One should go through the detailed notification before applying.
- The candidate is needed to appear in the 12th standard examination or equivalent exam.
- To register in the CS executive 2022 program. The aspirants need to qualify for CSCEET
- Candidates must hold the nationality of India.
- Visit the official site of ICSI.
- Click on the online services and then proceed by clicking on the new registration.
- A new webpage will appear, choose the required document that is applicable.
- Proceed with the registration by providing all the details and upload related documents.
- Before the final submission of the form, one must preview the application and can recheck all the details.
- After that click on the confirm application.
- Now the next step is payment.
- Choose the respective mode of payment- online/offline.
After a transaction an ID appears on the screen, aspirants may note the ID for future references.
Other details or some changes may be informed to students via their submitted phone number or email id. Different percentage of fee concession is provided by the government for the different groups as per their criteria explained below-
- SC- 50%.
- PWDs- 50%
- Widows and wards of martyrs- 1000%
- Union territories and JK and Ladakh residents- 50%
- ICSI staff- 75%
- Northeast or Andaman Nicobar residents- 50%
Documents required uploading in registration /application
- Photograph of the candidates in specific size and format.
- Signature of the candidate.
- 10th mark sheet for the verification of date of birth of the candidate.
- 12th mark sheet.
- Category certificate if eligible
- Aadhar Card number and a copy may be asked to submit.
Exam pattern for CBT (computer-based test)
This mode of examination will be conducted online. The test will carry 170 marks for 120 minutes in the pattern of a multiple-choice question.
Subject wise details
- 35 questions- business communication.
- 35 questions- legal aptitude and logical reasoning.
- 35 questions- economic and business environment
- 15 questions- current affairs.
Exam pattern for viva voice
This will include 30 marks of the total CSEET, and the duration for the test will be 30 minutes. The artificial intelligence setup will be responsible for conducting the test to check the presentation and communication skills.
- Business communication- communication skills, English, business correspondence
- Legal aptitude and logical reasoning- each section will contain 25 marks. Legal aptitude includes the Indian constitution, general laws. Company secretary legislations, company laws, legal reasoning.
- Logical reasoning includes all the simple and tricky questions related to minds, it may also contain verbal and non-verbal reasoning
- Economics- income accounting, market finance, Indian budget, Indian economy, financial markets.
- Business environment- related to economy and constitutions.
- Current affairs, communication skills (written and oral). Altogether contain 20 marks for the exam.
At least 2 weeks before the exam, the admit card will be released with date, time, and exam centre details. Candidates have to visit the official site to download the admit card. At the time of registration, the login credential will be sent to the registered phone number and email with the password. Candidates are required to use these credentials to log in, after submitting and filling required details, the admit card will appear on the screen. The candidates are required to download and print the document
The authority will upload the answer key, result, scorecard on the site, and the merit list will be prepared for selecting students on the basis of their performance in the examination. The minimum qualifying percentage is set to 40% for the CBT test and overall 50%, which include both CBT and viva voice.
By Mithila Rathod