PMNET MSc Nursing Admission 2020
M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test or PMNET for admission to M.Sc. Nursing courses for the academic year 2020 is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences in Punjab. This exam is conducted every year and this year is not expected to be different.
Eligibility Criteria for PMNET
- Certificate in BSc (Nursing)/ BSc (Post Basic Nursing) from an institution recognized by the Punjab Nursing Registration Council, Indian Nursing Council and located in Punjab.
- The candidate is a Bonafede resident of Punjab. Resident certificate is required.
- Student should have cleared BSc Nursing/BSc Post Basic Nursing with minimum 55% marks from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot or equivalent
- If the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from IGNOU, New Delhi, study centre must be recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi.
- At least one year of work experience at the time of joining of the course in a recognized centre. Work experience could be after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or before/after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Application Form for PMNET
PMNET Application Form are released and available on the official website www.bfuhs.ac.in in the month of July.
Application Fee for PMNET
- General Candidate: Rs 5000
- SC category candidate: Rs 2500
Admit Card for PMNET
- Admit Card are made available online from a particular date and can be downloaded and needs to be printed.
- Admit cards need to be taken to the exam hall. A candidate without the admit card, will not be admitted to the examination hall under any circumstances.
Process of the PMNET Entrance Test
- The exam is of 3 hours duration.
- There will be 200 MCQs
- Total marks will be 800.
- Test centre earmarked for you will be mentioned on the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking if you mark the circle saying no attempt.
- If that is not marked in case of no attempt, one mark will be deducted.
Syllabus for PMNET
- The syllabus is the syllabus of B.Sc.(Nursing)/Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) Course as prescribed by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
Result for PMNET
- Result will be declared on the official website. The students will be called for counselling as per the merit list.
Counselling for PMNET
- Counselling for PMNET will be held at University College of Nursing, Faridkot as per the schedule.
- Candidates not belonging to Punjab will be considered after exhausting Punjab Resident Candidates.
- Candidate will have to deposit six month fee on the spot at the venue of counselling in the form of DD favouring Registrar, BFUHS payable at Faridkot.
Schedule for the PMNET 2020: (tentative)
|Availability of online Prospectus:||Second Week of July|
|Last Date for online application:||First Week of Aug 2020|
|Last Date for depositing application fee||First Week of Aug 2020|
|Admit Card||First Week of Aug 2020|
|Exam date PMNET-2020||First Week of Aug 2020|
|Result||Second Week of Aug 2020|
First Week of Aug 2020
FAQs for PMNET
Q. What is PMNET?
A. PMNET stands for Punjab Master of Science Nursing Entrance Test.
Q. What is the degree awarded?
A. MSc in nursing.
Q. When is PMNET announced?
A. It is announced usually in the second week of July
Q. Who conducts PMNET
A. Baba Farid University in Faridkot
Q. When is the result announced for PMNET?
A. It is announced in the second week of August
Q. Are there other mode of admission for MSc nursing in Punjab?
A. No. The only method of selection is by appearing in PMNET and qualifying with good marks. Selection is purely on merit.
Q. What is the Fee for MSc course?
A. It is Rs. 1 lac per annum for general category and 1.75 Lacs per annum for private college. It is liable to change each year.
Q. How many colleges offer MSc in nursing in Punjab
A. A total of 31 Nursing colleges provide MSc in nursing course in Punjab.