What is an Online MBA Program?
It is a convenient and advanced version of the distance learning program. The lectures are offered through an online mode. Hence, students get to complete their MBA degrees sitting in the comfort of their houses. Moreover, the curriculum remains similar to the offline MBA degree. Previously, many aspirants needed to quit their jobs to pursue an MBA degree. But now, they can do it side by side with their jobs as well.
In recent times, online MBA has gained a lot of popularity among the youth. Many management aspirants are working these days therefore, they prefer to do their MBA through online mode. Hence, multiple B- Schools have started giving options for this course. There are multiple advantages of the online MBA. Some of them are mentioned below:
Advantages of Online MBA:
- E-learning: The students get to learn and complete their degrees through online classes. They can sit and attend the classes in the comfort of their homes.
- Cost of Program: The course fee of the regular MBA program is quite high as compared to the online program. Hence, students opting for this course save a huge amount of money.
- Can work side by side: All those MBA students who are working do not have to leave their job to pursue a master's degree. They can finish it side by side only.
- Curriculum similar to the Full-time MBA: The syllabus of the online MBA is very similar to the one taught in the regular classes. Therefore, the weightage is similar to the regular one.
- Better market value: Candidates who finish this course gets a lot of good job opportunities. They either get a raise in their existing jobs or various other options.
- Ideal for Networking: Networking is considered a very important factor. Therefore, with the help of this online MBA students can connect with a lot of people online. This program connects a diverse range of people such as working alumni, business leaders, and many other professional connections.
- Strengthening Resume: This degree helps to give a boost to the existing resume of the students. Hence, this also helps in the raise in salary packages as it offers higher knowledge and skills to the students.
Career Scope offered by Online MBA
There are multiple job opportunities available in the public sector. Students can choose one of their interests. Some of these jobs are mentioned below:
- Operations and Project Management
- Technology Management
- Computer System
- Global Management
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Private Sector
There are various options under the private sector which students can opt for. These jobs provide good salary packages and satisfying deals. Some of these jobs are :
- Financial Research Analyst
- Security/Investment Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Portfolio Manager
- Real Estate
- Fashion Industry
- Information Security Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Management Analyst
- HR Specialist
- Credit Risk Management Analyst
- Information Technology Sector
This is one of the highest growing sectors these days. Several people are opting for this sector as a career choice. This field offers great salary packages and has a promising future. Hence, multiple job opportunities offered by this sector are mentioned below:
- HR Managers
- ERP Consultants
- Project Managers
- Business Analyst
- IT Manager
- Business Development Manager
Eligibility Criteria for the Online MBA
Students who want to pursue MBA through online mode need to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- The candidates should have completed their graduation degree in any disciple/ stream.
- Students awaiting the final results are also eligible to apply.
- The general category students need to score at least 50 percent aggregate
- There is no age bar to apply for an online MBA.
- Students who have relevant work experience get an added advantage.
- The candidates who come under the reserved category should have at least 45% aggregate marks.
- There are times when some universities conduct their entrance tests. Hence, students need to qualify for these tests. These tests vary from university to university.
By Swaranshi Chhabra