The Chartered Accountant examinations in India are scheduled to be held in the month of November 2020. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the final dates on its official website, and also released a question bank consisting of all FAQs asked in this major examination. The examination is to be held in the month of November once again after a previous examination for CA aspirants which was conducted in the month of May 2020. The CA examination in May was postponed and merged with the November 2020 examinations since operational problems were indicated on the verge of disruptions caused by the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. The ICAI has made it a compulsion for aspirants of varied courses to apply for the registration process once again for appearing in the November CA exams. Listed below are some guidelines for the aspirants which they need to follow before appearing for the ICAI CA exam:
1. Students are required to fill the November CA exams registration form on the official website.
2. Students need to fill the preferred location for allotment of the test center.
3. Students can opt for choosing their desired test center for the November CA exam.
4. Students who have paid the fees for the CA exam, which was to be conducted in May, have to fill the registration form again.
5. The students who have applied for only one group now have the choice of changing the group or applying for both the groups for the November exam, by paying an additional fee.
6. The students who are opting to fill the registration form with the same details provided for the exam, which was to be conducted in May, they need not pay again for the exam.
7. Students will be required to pay the difference in the fees only if they opt for choosing other means of examination, like selecting two groups rather than one.
8. Students who have failed to file for exemptions before the May exam, now have the opportunity to file for exemptions in the CA exam which is to be conducted in November.
9. The last attempt for the intermediate old course has been extended till November 2020 CA exams.
10. The last attempt for the Final old course has been extended till May 2021 CA exams.
11. The final November 2020 CA examination is a merger between November and May CA 2020 examination.
12. Students who have cleared on group examinations in the old scheme will only have to appear for the balance group CA examination in November for the group which was not passed in the old scheme.
13. Due to the severe disruptions caused by the ongoing pandemic and to safeguard the students and mitigate their hardships, the authorities have decided to open 193 additional examination centers in India.
14. Students can select their desired test centers amongst the additional 193 exam centers opened.
15. The ICAI will not cancel the additional exam centers announced that even if the minimum number of candidates doesn’t meet the threshold, as due to the pandemic less crowd is preferable.
16. The students of the final new course who will appear for the November 2020 CA exam have the choice of changing their elective while filling the new registration form.
17. The students are also allowed to change the medium of language while filling the new registration form for CA exams.
18. In the first week of October 2020, a correction window will open for students who want to change information related to their personal details, contact number, or even exam center.
19. Since the May 2020 CA examinations are merged with the November 2020 CA exam, therefore the pass out a month for the final exam will be of November 2020 only.
20. Before filling the registration form for the final examination, students who have cleared both the groups of IPCE are required to register for the Final Course.
A student is not permitted to apply for group 2 in the old course and group 1 in the new course. The students can apply in either of the old course or in a new course.