Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today released the National Institutional Ranking Framework, NIRF rankings 2021. The NIRF India Ranking 2021 has been announced for eleven categories: Overall, University, Management, College, Architecture, ARIIA (Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements), Law, Pharmacy, Medical, Engineering, and Research Institutions.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has retained the first rank among institutes in the country, while the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru bagged the top rank among research institutions.
Top Highlights Are As Below:
- The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad ranked as the best B-School
- Jamia Hamdard declared as the top institution for pharmacy studies.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru declared as the best research institution in the country. IIT Madras, IIT Bombay has been declared second and third in this category.
- AIIMS Delhi has bagged the top spot among medical colleges followed by PGIMER Chandigarh and Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- Miranda House in Delhi bagged the first rank followed by Lady Sri Ram College for Women, Delhi and Loyola College, Chennai in the college's category
- IITs and two national Institutes of Technology (NITs) figured in the top ten engineering institutions in the country.
- IIM Udaipur is Youngest Indian Management Institute In QS 2020 Ranking
- IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology), Madras