WB SET 2020 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2020 or WB SET 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to SET. WB SET 2020 is conducted by West Bengal College Service Commission.
WB SET for the year 2020 has been announced by West Bengal College Service Commission and will be held on 19/01/2020. The application forms will be available from 02/09/2019 till 30/09/2019. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. Admit card will be available from 06/12/2019. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about WB SET 2020
WB SET 2020 Conducting Body
West Bengal College Service Commission
WB SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates/ Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master's Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non -creamy layer/EWS/SC/ST/PWD (persons with disability) category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ST/PWD categories. The subject - wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.13 (on page 7-8), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/document in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to WBCSC. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the WBCSC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the
relevant Government Order will be applicable.
WB SET 2020 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|WB SET 2020 Exam Date
To get all details about WB SET 2020
WB SET 2020 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|Category||General||Other Backward Classes (Noncreamy layer)||SC / ST / PwD /
|Examination Fee||₹ 1000/-||₹ 500/- ||₹ 250/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
STEPS FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test (SET, 2018) must apply online only on the
- Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:
#Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- #Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5
cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET the candidates have to select the
option of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through eChallan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein and follow the process as mentioned under point no. 5 (ii) on page 2. (On prospectus)
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online
admit card on the day of examination.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on
WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in. Please note that Fee submitted through Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. WBCSC will
not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
- Last date of submission of Fee
through online generated Bank challan at any branch of UNITED BANK OF INDIA: 15th October, 2019
|Session ||Paper||Marks ||Number of Question ||Duration|
|First||I||100 ||50 questions, all are
compulsory||1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions, all are
compulsory||2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST|
For Syllabus Description Details: Click Here
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- ELECTRONIC SCIENCE
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- HOME SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION & JOURNALISM
- EARTH, ATMOSPHERE, OCEAN & PLANETARY SCIENCES
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose
post graduation subject is not covered in the above list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
- For Mathematical Sciences, candidates having Master’s degree in Mathematics/
Pure Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics are eligible.
- For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Biological Science/
Botany / Zoology / Animal Science / Microbiology / Molecular Biology / BioChemistry/ Biotechnology/ Physiology and other related subjects are eligible.
- For Library Science, candidates having M.Lib./M.LIS. degree are eligible.
- For Physical Education, candidates having M.P.Ed. degree are eligible.
WB SET 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of
online Admit Card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose Admit Card is not issued by the WBCSC.
- To ensure fair conduct of examination frisking of the candidates will be done properly at main
entry gate of the exam center. The candidates should report at the examination center 1 hr 30 minutes prior to commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators in frisking. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before 10:30 AM in the 1st session and 1:00 PM in the 2nd session.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices,
bits of paper, books/note books etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/Room. The candidate(s) found in possession of any of these items in the examination hall/room will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her result will not be declared.
- In the examination hall/room, the candidates will neither talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination. The candidates should not disturb the candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination. The candidate violating these instructions will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her result will not be declared.
It may be noted that the admit card will be uploaded on the website www.wbcsconline.in in
the third week of NOVEMBER, 2018. No Admit Card will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their Admit Cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admit Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him / her in the admit card.
Admit Card Download:
The candidates are requested to DOWNLOAD the ADMIT CARD for 22nd SET through LOGIN from the website www.wbcsconline.in from 6 th December, 2019 onwards.
Any type of correction in the ADMIT CARD will be done after verification of ATTENDANCE SHEET and VALID ID PROOF OF THE CANDIDATE (i.e. VOTER ID/ AADHAAR/ PASSPORT/ PAN/ DRIVING LICENCE). This will be done after proper verification/scrutiny by the Officer-in-Charge of the Test Centre along with his/her signature and official seal. The candidates must bring two copies of passport size photographs also. The candidates must submit the corrected ADMIT CARD in a photocopy form (two copies) personally to the office of the Commission in working days (12 noon – 3 pm) within 31st January, 2020 and the corrected ADMIT CARD must be self-attested. The officer-in-charge is the authority of the test centre and his/her decision is final in all the cases.
To get all details about WB SET 2020