The aviation industry is blooming widely in various parts of the country. This field offers great employment opportunities with good salary packages. Students from different subject fields can apply for the Aviation Sector. There are various courses available in the aviation field which students can opt for as per their interests.
Types of courses available in Aviation and their duration.
• BSc in Aviation:
1) It is a specialized course in Aviation which is a 3 years degree.
2) It costs around 35k to 65k.
3) Students need to score a minimum of 50% marks in class 12.
• BBA in Aviation:
1) Even this is a 3 years undergraduate degree with a fee of 35k to 60k.
• BBA in Airport Management:
1) This course costs around Rs. 35K to Rs. 80K and is a full-fledged 3 years degree.
• Diploma in Aviation:
1) This is a comparatively shorter course.
2) It finishes in around 6 months to 1 year and costs in the range of Rs. 26K to 55K approximately.
• Diploma in ground staff and Cabin Crew Training:
1) The duration is 6 months to 1 year.
2) Students from any stream background can apply after the 12th.
• Diploma in Aviation Hospitality:
1) It is a 1-year program.
2) Candidates can enrol in it after completing 12th in any stream.
• Commercial Pilot Training:
1) This program includes proper training for 4 to 5 years or depending upon the flying hours of the candidate.
2) Students need to score a minimum of 45-50% marks in 12th.
3) Students need to have PCM, i.e Physics, Chemistry, Maths in 12th.
• Aeronautical Engineering:
1) It is a 4 years degree program.
2) Minimum marks that students need to score is 60% with science stream.
1) AME is a 3 years degree that includes 6 months of training.
2) Minimum 60% marks are required in the 12th standard that too in science stream (PCM).
Eligibility for Aviation Undergraduate Courses
• Students applying for this program need to pass the minimum qualification of 10+2.
• The students need to have the major subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th standard.
• They need to score at least 50% marks in these subjects.
• The age limit for such Aviation courses is a minimum of 17 years.
List of Top Aviation Colleges in India after 12th
1. Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur
3. IIKM Business School, Chennai
4. NIMS University, Jaipur
5. Noida International University, Gautam Budhha Nagar
6. Singhania University, Jhunjhunu
7. The IIS University, Jaipur
8. University of Mumbai, Mumbai
9. VELS University, Chennai
10. Western India Institute of Aeronautics, Ahmedabad
Course wise scope in the field of Aviation
• BBA in Business Management
3) Staff Manager
4) Safety Officer
Students can choose any of the above-mentioned fields after completing BBA. They can get a salary package of Rs. 3 to 6 lakhs per annum.
• BBA in Aviation
1) Assistant Airport Manager
2) Airline Contracting Manager
3) Airport Operations Manager
4) Airline Contracting Manager
They can get a package of Rs. 3 to 6 lakhs per annum.
• Diploma in Airport Management
1) Cargo Department Manager
2) Airport Manager
3) Assistant Manager
The salary package ranges from Rs. 2 lakh to 5 lakhs per annum.
• Commercial Pilot Training
1) Commercial Pilot
2) Ferry Pilot
This is the highest paying job in Aviation. Students who get successful in completing this course and getting a job can earn Rs. 5 to 12 lakhs per annum.
• Diploma in Ground Staff and Cabin Crew Training
2) Front end office operator
3) Air Hostess
The students can earn Rs. 4 to 6 lakhs per annum.
• Aeronautical Engineering
1) Design Engineer
2) Chief Engineer
3) Research and Development Engineer
Students get to earn Rs. 3 to 5 Lakhs per annum.
• BSc in Airline and Airport Management
1) Airline Customer Support
2) Airline Reservation Agent
3) Cabin Crew Services
Students can earn Rs. 3 to 7 lakhs per annum after the completion of the course.
• B.Sc. Aviation
1) Air Traffic Controller
2) Technical Ground Operator
3) Safety Manager
Students get to earn Rs. 2 to 4 lakhs per annum.
• Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing Management
2) Airline Customer Care Operator
The students can earn an average of 2 to 3 lakhs per annum.
By Swaranshi Chhabra