Hotel management is one of the very popular stream adopted by students in India. There are plenty of colleges offering different courses in hotel management in India. There are various ways by which admission is offered in these courses. Most of the admissions are through the entrance exams. Entrance exams are mainly conducted for admission to Diploma, Bachelor's and Master's courses in hotel management. Admission to Certificate courses done on the basis of merit or any other criteria. There are no entrance exam for such courses.
These entrance exams for admission to Hotel Management courses are conducted at either National-level, State-level or by individual colleges and universities. Some of the most popular Hotel Management entrance exams in India are described in this article.
Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria for the year 2020
The eligibility criteria for Hotel Management courses varies as per the program
Class 12th is the minimum eligibility criteria for most of the hotel management courses in India. There are a few colleges and programmes which accept students after completing Class 10th.
Also read: Hotel Management in India
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE) is a national-level examination. It is conducted for admission to a number of Hotel Management or Hospitality courses in Central, State and some of the top private Hotel Management colleges across India. It is the main exam for Hotel Management aspirants in India.
Eligibility for NCHMCT JEE
Candidates must have cleared class 12th from a recognized board of secondary education.
Candidates appearing in class 12th exams can also apply for the exam. They will be required to clear the exam before being granted admission to a college.
Students from any stream can apply for the NCHMCT JEE exam. Candidates must have passed in English in the qualifying examination.
Upper Age Limit for NCHMCT JEE:
Candidates appearing for the NCHMCT JEE exam cannot be older than 25 years in the year of exam. 3-year relaxation in the upper age limit is provided to candidates belonging to the SC and ST categories.
Hotel Management Admission Process 2020
- Choose your Hotel Management course to pursue.
- Also consider the speciality you want to work e.g. as a Chef or as a customer-service professional or any other.
- Make sure you are eligible for the course.
- Now look at various colleges offering your chosen course and shortlist a few.
- Now checkout the Hotel Management entrance exams those are accepted by your shortlisted colleges.
- Some colleges or courses may not require an entrance exam clearance and admissions will be based on merit and interview.
- Now register for the entrance exam or admission by filling up the required forms.
- Take your exam and wait for the results and your position in the merit list.
- After results are out, register for the counselling process for that course or college.
- Wait for the final selection list.
- Complete document verification process, pay fees and join the college allocated to you.
- The exact process may vary according to the college and course one has chosen.
A few of the popular entrance exams are:
|1.||NCHMCT JEE||National Exam|
|2.||AIMA UGAT||National Exam|
|3.||IIHM eCHAT||National Exam|
|4.||UPSEE BHMCT||State Exam|
|5.||MAH-B.HMCT CET||State Exam|
|6.||UKSEE BHMCT||State Exam|
|7.||WB JEHOM||State Exam|
|8.||AIHMCT WAT||College/University Exam|
|9.||BVP HM||College/University Exam|
|10.||IPU CET BHMCT|
Popular Hotel Management Colleges in India
There are plenty of colleges and universities in India teaching hotel management courses. Someof the popular ones are listed below:
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (IHM PUSA), Delhi||Govt|
|Welcom group Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal||Private|
|Amity School of Hospitality (ASH), Noida||Private|
|Chitkara School of Hospitality (CSH), Chandigarh||Private|
|Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Mumbai||Govt|
|Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHMCT), Bangalore||Private|
|NSHM School of Hotel Management, Durgapur||Private|
|International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM), Kolkata||Private|
|T. John Group of Institutions (TJGI), Bangalore||Private|
It is important to understand the admission process for studies in hotel management courses. One has to keep a very close watch on the announcement of the exams or admission processes. Just appearing in the entrance exam and scoring good marks does not ensure admission. One has to go through the counselling process by filling up the counselling forms for a college or all colleges in a state.
Also read :