The University of Delhi, also known as Delhi University (DU) has been rated amongst the top 500 universities in the world by QS. It’s a very popular university in Delhi and rest of India. Millions of students flock to DU for admission each year from all over India. DU offer special admission relaxation rules for girls.
This year the university plans to have a single application platform for cut-off based as well as entrance exam-based courses and DU will begin the registration process from the month of May.
Once the admission is announced by Delhi University, one will be able to access the application forms through the official website of the university. The DU application process for admission to BSc, BCom and BA courses is the same.
The steps are described below:
1. Log on to the official website of DU
2. Register yourself and get the login credentials i.e. user ID and password
3. Login into your DU Admission account
4. Read all the instructions carefully.
5. Fill up the application form i.e. personal information, academic information and course preference
6. Upload documents including proof for date of birth, photograph, class 10 & 12 mark sheets, character certificate, transfer/migration certificate, passport size photograph and category certificate (if applicable)
7. Check your details again.
8. Submit the application form
9. Pay the application fees.
Delhi University BA, B.Com, B.Sc. Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for BA, BCom and BSc courses offered by the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges are the same. One has to be a pass out student from class 12 of any stream from a recognized board. The minimum marks required are 45%.
Qualifying does not ensure admission in the UG programmes offered by Delhi University. Admission will depend on the cut-off of individual colleges.
Delhi University B.A., B.Sc., B.Com Admission Important Dates 2020 (Tentative)
The admission to Delhi University will begin in the last week of May for the year 2020.
Schedule for the year 2020
|DU Online Application Process to begin from||May 30, 2020|
|Registration forms Receipt Date||June 2020|
|Announcement of First Cut-off Lists||June 28, 2020|
|Announcement of second cut-off list||July 3, 2020|
|Classes to Start from||August 2020|
Delhi University B.Com, B.A., B.Sc. Admission Process
Admission to most of the undergraduate courses is done on the basis of cut-off merit list prepared by the university on the basis of merit in class 12 board exams. There are several cut-off lists until all the seats offered by affiliated colleges are filled.
DU Entrance Exam for some UG courses
Admission for some of the courses offered by the university is done through an entrance exam. Following are the entrance exam-based DU courses:
|Commerce||BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)
Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed)
BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
B.A. (Hons) Music
B.A. (Hons) Multimedia and Mass Communication
B.A. (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences
B.A. (Hons) Business Economics
|Arts||B.A. (Hons) English
B.Tech (IT and Mathematical Innovations)
B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
Also See :
- Mass Media Studies: Career, Eligibility, Courses, jobs
- Can we get admission in BDS without NEET?
- AFMC MBBS Admission Process 2020