UPES, Dehradun Admission Open UG and PG courses 2021

Can we get admission in BDS without NEET?

March 17, 2020

Can we get admission in BDS without NEET?

 

There is only one answer to this question and it is NO. One cannot take admission in BDS unless you are NEET qualified. NEET is mandatory from the year 2016 onwards for admission to all BDS seats in India. If you want to study BDS in a foreign country, you still have to pass NEET for the corresponding year.


What is BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery?


BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery is undergraduate training course in Dental studies in India. BDS is the second most popular course for students in India.  

BDS is of 4 years duration followed by one year of paid rotating internship. The course BDS is regulated by the Dental Council of India.


The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is the national level exam to apply for BDS admissions in India. This exam is held each year and organised by NTA. The exam is held in the month of May. Once the results are out, a candidate has to go through a counselling or a registration process for allotment of seats according to the merit achieved in the NEET exam. 15% seats are allotted under All India Quota by MCC and the remaining 85% seats are slotted by respective state counselling bodies. Students have to register separately for the All India as well as the state bodies. 


There are more than 26,000 seats for BDS studies in India. These seats are distributed amongst 315 dental colleges in India. After BDS, one can pursue MDs or post graduate studies in various subjects or practice general dentistry anywhere in the country. 


Also See

 



Leave a comment


No comments yet !. Be the first one to comment



Sign Up

 

 


or

Already A Member? Login here

Jooble Jobs
Download App

App Store

{"class":"offscreen","alt":"Google Play Store"}