The crucial times of a pandemic have always reminded us of the need for skillful nurses that can handle patients well and help the doctors as well in a difficult situation. And the respected job of nursing has always inspired students to join the field all over in India. India is also a place where you can find numerous nursing colleges.
And if you want to join nursing in Karnataka, you have to follow some instructions from the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). If any aspirant wants to take admission in the BSc nursing training, they have to get admission by giving the examinations.
But before that let’s see what are the criteria that aspirants need to fulfill to join nursing in Karnataka. Like any other entrance examinations, Karnataka also has some guidelines and eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidate. The eligibility criteria given by the government are discussed in detail below.
Academic criteria for BSc nursing in Karnataka:
- Candidates must pass their 12th final examination having science as the academic background.
- Candidates have to complete their 12th from any recognized education board.
- All candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. And they also have to pass individually in all these subjects mentioned.
- And for the reservation category, candidates have to score a minimum of 40% in their last examinations.
- All candidates must have to complete their 7 years of education from one or more than one government-recognized institution in Karnataka. For more details view the official website.
How to apply for BSc nursing in Karnataka:
So, when you have completed all the eligibility criteria, you can apply online to get admission for the nursing course. Candidates have to visit the official website of KEA to fill up the application form online. The steps to submit the form is discussed below:
1. Candidates have to open the official website of KEA and they will find the link for the application form there.
2. On the form, you need to enter all the personal details like – domicile details, academic details, category, etc. Check the details you have given very carefully because it might not be corrected later.
3. After giving all the necessary details, candidates have to upload the documents along with a passport size photo of themselves.
4. And after uploading all the documents and photos, candidates have to pay the examination fees.
5. Once you have completed all the steps discussed above and have submitted the form successfully, a unique application number will be generated only for you. Keep that number safe as you will be needing it later for the examination.
Documents required for the course:
Candidates have to provide certain documents for the application form:
• Proof of date of birth (Class 10-mark sheet)
• Marksheet of the last passed examination.
• Certificates for reservation category signed by competent authorities. Income certificate or category certificate should be issued by only the Tahsildar of Karnataka.
• Education certificate of 7 years in Karnataka or Domicile certificate showing 10 years residency.
• Relevant certificates for those who are an exception from 7 years of education in Karnataka.
• Other appropriate certificates for other reservations.
• Students must provide a certificate issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences who have not passed their 12th from Karnataka PUC Board.
• The attested photocopy of the transferred certificate.
• Certificate of physical fitness.
Once all the process of form filling and submitting the fees, candidates will be called for the selection process. A panel of members will shortlist the candidates after scrutinizing the academic details. And after this, a merit list will be released by the authority.
Author: Sayantika Mondal