Design studies are currently one of the most well to do industries given to the present covid-19 situation. When almost everyone is stuck at home, and struggling hard to get accustomed to the new normal, i.e. the ‘work from home’ phenomenon, the designing industry is doing well, if not great. Naturally, the recent global pandemic crisis made many students motivated to choose design studies as their career option after passing the 12th board exam, both from the perspective of their passion and the necessity.
Here are the details of best colleges, admission procedures, and other information regarding design studies in India.
Specializations: There are mainly four specializations in design studies that students can pursue after 12th
• Fashion design
• Textile Design
• Interior design
• Graphic design
Design studies also offer Jewellery design, product design, web design, user experience design and knitwear Design.
Let’s look at the details of the main four branches of designing studies.
Courses, admissions, and colleges:
The most famous design course known to Indian students in the Fashion Design course. The course includes subjects such as textile marketing, manufacturing of fabrics, the ornamentation of garments etc.
• NIFT Delhi
• NIFT Mumbai.
• Pearl Academy, Delhi.
• NIFT Bengaluru.
• NID Ahmedabad.
• Arch College of Design & Business.
• Symbiosis Institute of Design.
At the graduation level, a Fashion Designing course can be taken by aspirants who have cleared their Class 12 from any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts).
• NIFT entrance exam
• Pearl Academy Entrance Exam
• GD Goenka DAT
• NID Entrance Exam
• IIAD Entrance Exam
As an integral part of the fashion industry, textile designing bears a lot of future possibilities for students who aspire to do bachelor's in this field. The course includes textile skills, technologies, and marketing strategies.
• NID, Ahmedabad
• NIFT, Mumbai
• NIFT, New Delhi
• Pearl Academy
• SID, Pune
• IDCI, Mumbai
• 10+2 or equivalent exam passed from a recognised board.
• Must have a passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with at least five subjects.
• AIEED (All India Entrance Exam for Design)
• NIFT Entrance Exam
• NID Entrance Exam
• CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
• SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design)
• AIFD ((Army Institute of Fashion Design))
• FDDI (Footwear Design and Development Institute)
• SOFT Entrance Test
• PEARL Entrance Exam
• UPES-DAT (UPES- Design Aptitude Test)
3. B.DES Interior Designing
Interior designing is an extremely artistic section of design studies. An interior designer is supposed to bring vibrancy, uniqueness, and vigour to any house's interiors. This course teaches the functionalities of furnishing houses/ buildings beautifully.
• National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
• CEPT University, Gujarat
• Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
• JJ School of Arts, Mumbai
• College of Architecture, Nasik
• Exterior Interiors Pvt Ltd, Kolkata
• Pearl Academy
• Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore Sai School of Interior Design, New Delhi
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed his/ her education up to the higher secondary level. Those who have done a diploma after class 10th as a part of the 10 + 3 pattern are also eligible to apply for admission to the course.
• All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
• National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA)
• Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
• National Council for Interior Design Qualification Exam (NCIDQ)
• National Institute of Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)
• National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam (NIFT)
• School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam
• Pearl Academy Entrance Examination
4. B.DES Graphic designing
Graphic designing is a section that is associated both with the designing and publishing industry. Graphic design is an inseparable part of handling digital and print media. Graphics included typography, signs, logos, coding, and many more things. This field is a brilliant combination of art and technology.
• NID Gujrat
• MIT ADT University
• PDM University
• Arch College of Design and Business
• Pacific Academy of Higher Education, Udaipur
• JECRC University
• Fergusson College
• Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Sadopur
Aspirants should pass 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board
• National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
• Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)
• National Institute of Design Entrance Test (NID)
• Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
• NIFT Entrance Exam.
Author: Abhra Roy