NEET UG 2026 Cancelled: NTA to Re-Conduct Exam After Alleged Paper Leak Probe

May 12, 2026

NEET UG 2026 Cancelled: NTA to Re-Conduct Exam After Alleged Paper Leak Probe

Government Orders Cancellation of NEET UG 2026 Examination

With the approval of the Government of India, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has decided to cancel the NEET (UG) 2026 examination, scheduled for May 3, 2026. It has also been decided to re-conduct the examination, the details of which will be announced soon.According to the information, the Government of India has decided to hand over this matter to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate all the allegations made. The NTA will fully cooperate with the CBI in this investigation and will provide all necessary materials, records, and assistance.

Students to Receive Full Refund of Examination Fees

Additionally, no new registration will be required for the re-examination, nor will any additional examination fees be charged. Furthermore, the fees previously deposited will be refunded to the students. 

This time, the NTA will re-conduct the exam using its internal resources. Furthermore, further information regarding the re-exam will be released through official channels in the coming days.

The exam was held nationwide on May 3
It should be noted that the NEET UG exam was conducted on May 3 at designated exam centers across the country. Afterward, the National Testing Agency (NTA) received information about a paper leak from Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.

 

The Special Operations Group  had recovered a set of over 400 questions.
Additional DGP (SOG) Vishal Bansal had stated that investigators found a set of over 400 questions circulated a few days before the exam, of which more than 100 biology and chemistry questions were very similar to those asked in the NEET exam.Bansal described it as a “probable question paper” or a test series, but sources, based on searches and interrogations in several cities in Rajasthan and Dehradun, said that the possibility of a deep conspiracy cannot be ruled out.Similar videos and photocopies of question paper sets were also shared on social media from a coaching academy in Latur, Maharashtra.

NTA sends information to central agencies for investigation
Additionally, in a press release on Saturday, the NTA stated that the May 3 exam was conducted under “complete security protocols” and was held smoothly at all centers.It stated that some suspicious information was received late on May 7, which was forwarded to central agencies the next morning for independent verification and necessary action.Without mentioning any arrests or raids, the NTA said it is fully cooperating with investigators and sharing data and technical information related to the exam. 

Author : Krishan Jaswal

Also Read : 

PP Savani University Surat Admission Open


Leave a comment


No comments yet !. Be the first one to comment



Sign Up

 

 

 

Course Interested In
Offline Online
 


or

Already A Member? Login here

PP Savani University Surat Admission Open