Fashion Designing courses are designed for creative and curious-minded people. This is one of the most demanded career choices for the past few years. Candidates need to appear for entrance exams to get admissions to the Top Institutes of Fashion Designing. Though the exams vary from Institute to institute, therefore gathering reliable information is a must.
1) NIFT Entrance Exam by National Institute of Fashion Technology: This exam is applicable for the admissions in B.Des, M.Des, B.FTech, M.F.M, and M.FTech courses of the institute. It is conducted at National Level every year. Candidates need to fill the application form before the due date to give this online-based exam.
2) AIFD (Army Institute of Fashion Designing): This institute conducts exams for UG and PG level courses. For UG admission WAT( Written Admission Test) and PG candidates need to clear CAT(Creative Aptitude Test)
3) CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Designing) by IIT Bombay: This exam is divided into 2 parts. Part A consists of analytical and logical reasoning, observation and design sensitivity, environmental and social awareness, visualization, and spatial ability. Shortlisted candidates need to qualify in Part B, which evaluates creativity, drawing, communication skills, and analytical and problem-solving. Part A holds 25% percent weightage and Part B 75%.
4) FDDI All India Selection Test (AIST): Footwear Design and Development Institute conducts a University Level Exam. The institute enrolls the candidates for UG and PG level programs. This happens in May.
5) DAT(Design Aptitude Test) by GD Goenka: This exam is conducted in February by the GD Goenka group. Students can get admissions in courses like B.Des, BSc, MSc, BSc+MSc Dual Degree after giving this exam
6) IIAD Entrance Exam (Indian Institute of Art & Design): This is conducted in offline mode and consists of 2 rounds. Applicants are eligible to apply after completing the 12th Examinations in any stream.
7) IICD (Indian Institute of Craft and Design): This is a University level exam for various integrated UG and PG courses. Candidates can apply for this exam on the official website of the Indian Institute of Craft and Design.
8) DAT Entrance Exam by MIT Pune: Students can apply for this exam on the official website of MIT Institute. This institute offers admission in UG and PG program based upon the performance of applicants in the exam. The minimum eligibility requirement for B.Des is 10+2 from any stream.
9) AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design): ARCH Academy of Design conducts ARCH Scholarship Aptitude Test. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill and submit the application form of AIEED.
10) NID by National Institute of Design: National Institute of Design is located in 7 cities, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru, Kurukshetra, Bhopal, Vijaywada, and Jorhat. Candidates are selected based on the qualifying Design Aptitude Test (DAT). This exam consists of 2 stages- Prelims and Mains.
Though there are so many other exams such as Pearl Academy Exam, SEAT, etc. but the above discussed are the best ones out of all. Candidates can opt for any of these after completing their 10+2 qualification in any stream.
By Swaranshi Chhabra
- Which Are The Top Fashion Designing Colleges In India?
- Details about National Institutes of Fashion Technology (NIFT)