The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body that works under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, offers numerous scholarships for students all across the country, with a motto to help them pursue their education at a higher level.
In the recent announcement of UGC, new applicants along with renewals can now apply until January 20. So here's a chance for all the students who have missed the application process to apply now for fresh or renewal.
Few important dates to remember
1. The application process has begun on September 1, 2020.
2. The last date for verification of the application or resubmission of the defective application by institutions is February 5.
Students have been advised by UGC to submit their applications on time so that their applications can be verified within the designated timeline.
The list of scholarships for which the applications are still open comprises of:-
1. Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child (SGC),
2. PG Scholarship for University Rank Holder candidate (URH),
3. Ishan Uday Special scheme for North Eastern Region (NER),
4. PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST candidates (PGSPROF).
A quick review of the UGC scholarships program:-
The UGC scholarship program focuses on providing financial help for college and university level education. UGC offers scholarships as well as fellowships to the students every year. Whether a student is pursuing his/her studies at graduation level, doctorate level, post-graduation level, or post-doctorate level, one can find a UGC scholarship for one's studies.