IIM CAT 2019 result will be declared shortly by second week of January. The Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India are the leading management colleges of India. These are twenty autonomous institutes which are of national importance.
IIM Kozhikode conducted the Common Admission Test (CAT) on November 24, 2019. Over 2 lakh candidates took the test and are awaiting results. CAT 2019 results are expected to be announced in the first or second week of January 2020. The result will be announced on the official site, www.iimcat.ac.in. It will be declared as a scorecard, in which the scaled score along with sectional and overall percentile of the candidate will be mentioned.
Admission in each IIM is granted on the basis of CAT percentile scores. The conducting IIM determines a CAT cut off and candidates scoring above that percentile apply for admission. On the basis of percentile and number of seats, a call letter is sent to the candidate. These selected candidates then appear for the personal interview and written ability tests and other rounds.
Each IIM has its own criteria apart from the basic selection criterion These in depth selection criteria for each IIM varies and can include extracurricular activities, work experience, class marks, medals, recognitions etc.
This year’s cut-off and selection criteria for most IIMs have been released and are available on the respective website of the institute:
- IIM Ahmedabad, the overall percentile score must be above 80.
- IIM Calcutta, the overall CAT cut-off should be above 85
- IIM Lucknow, overall cutoff is above 90.
- IIM Kozhikode, the minimum CAT percentile cut-off is 85.
- IIM Raipur, IIM Rohtak and Tiruchirappalli, the overall cut-off is 95
- IIM Indore, Ranchi, Kashipur, Bodh Gaya, Udaipur and Jammu, overall cut-off is 90.
- IIM Shillong, overall cut--off is lowest at is 50.